Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chrystaltree.  I don't want just any V- neck; I want an Isaac elbow sleeve Pima cotton V-neck tunic.

@Kachina624   Did you see that the new HSN line, Lemon Tree, had a really nice looking V neck Pima cotton tee on the other day.  Elbow sleeves too.  Very pretty colors. Maybe check it out.

Honored Contributor

@Harvard99 wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

@chrystaltree.  I don't want just any V- neck; I want an Isaac elbow sleeve Pima cotton V-neck tunic.

@Kachina624   Did you see that the new HSN line, Lemon Tree, had a really nice looking V neck Pima cotton tee on the other day.  Elbow sleeves too.  Very pretty colors. Maybe check it out.

@Harvard99  No, I didn't see it.  Thanks, I'll check it out.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

QVC's definition of a v-neck is really a modified crew.  Any time a top comes out that has a neckline that shows a hint of colar bone, the hosts spend half the presentation defending it saying it is still modest.

QVC has always had a modesty profile for their house brands.

If you have a larger chest, you need a lower neckline.  Otherwise, all you see if boob.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Regular Contributor

V necks are way more flattering that the "jewel necks"  they are so unflattering.   A boteau or a low "u" cut, but a jewel neckline is not only cheap looking but very unflattering.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:
I never wear V necks. Prefer crew necklines.

@ALRATIBA   I think there’s a time and place for both. A crew neck tee in summer...stifling.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Kachina624 Ha! I also love Isaac's pima cotton tops! They are the only tee-shirts I buy now. They launder beautiful and fit me perfectly.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Being in retail, so many ladies tell me they just don't like even a modest "V".  They sadly point to their neck or chest.

I usually tell them, "Beauty comes through the eyes and a person's "presence". "  Wear what gives you joy!

@ECBG   Perhaps you agree, that like with most clothing choices, many factors come into play w/ necklines...face shape, bust size, hair length, sun damage on chest one wishes to cover, cleavage issues, narrow or wide shoulders or length of neck. If you do have a good fashion eye & full length mirror, many “don’ts” can be avoided. 

For example, I have broad shoulders and boatneck tops accentuate that. Being petite and short, a v neck or modified scoop neck adds length to my look. I have a round face and a high scoop neck or crew makes my face look more round while showing collar bones can be “opening” to the face versus a crew neck. Even though I’m small, I have a broad back and kind of larger bust for my size...36 C...V necks detract from that and add proportion but need to be petite or the V comes below my bra. Lol 

When I was in college, modeling petites, the agent stood us in our underwear in front of a full length mirror (horrors)! She used a marker on the mirror to divide our bodies to indicate long/short arms, torso, legs, neck, etc. Best lesson ever!! I learned how to accentuate my assets and draw the eye away from not so great areas. Shopping for clothing was made so much easier.

Respected Contributor

I once heard Tim Gunn discussing necklines. He was bemoaning the fact that designers don't do a lot of V necks. He said that this is much more flattering on women than a crew neck. On me a V neck is a better look. Belk has some V neck tees in the spring and summer. 

Honored Contributor

@50Mickey wrote:

I once heard Tim Gunn discussing necklines. He was bemoaning the fact that designers don't do a lot of V necks. He said that this is much more flattering on women than a crew neck. On me a V neck is a better look. Belk has some V neck tees in the spring and summer. 

@50Mickey  I find many v necks at LandsEnd and LLBean. I wear long sleeves all year (pushed up in summer) & they offer lightweight ones as well. 

Trusted Contributor
V necks are much more flattering to my full bust. Crews make well endowed women look “low and droopy”