Contributor

Why is everything so expensive now?

I have always been able to afford QVC...but now I can't. Just about everything clothing wise is over $40.00 for a top. It makes me so sad that I can't afford a simple top now. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Why is everything so expensive now?

I'm pretty sure that's why they are offering so many easy pays these days. I remember when easy pays were somewhat rare, and usually only on bigger ticket items, now it seems like every other day there are easy pay specials, not to mention the easy pays on the Q cards. 

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@AutumnJan wrote:

I have always been able to afford QVC...but now I can't. Just about everything clothing wise is over $40.00 for a top. It makes me so sad that I can't afford a simple top now. 

same here...i suffer from severe arthritis, so store shopping for me is impossible...i've been shopping from the Q for years....i know prices continue to rise everywhere, but it seems like the Q's prices have almost doubled.....guess i'll have to do with what's in my closet.....

Valued Contributor

I agree. Even the Denim & Company tee shirts are ridiculous. I got some really nice Henley style tees at Kohls for $11.99....on sale and with my extra 30% off. Really soft, nice material....they washed beautifully...did not shrink. So I see no sense in paying $30 to $50 for those they show on here. It's not that I can't afford them, but I like getting good deals on everything I buy, and I don't like wasting my money. I also find great deals at Macys...Love shopping there!

Frequent Contributor

1. Try Evine!
Valued Contributor

Totally agree that the prices have gotten crazy, especially when you add the shipping cost and tax.  It's all about impulse buying.  If the quality was always superior to other lines available in b & m stores perhaps the prices would be justified but especially lately I find the quality is hit and miss.  They are featuring a tank top for $57 plus shipping and handling, really?

Frequent Contributor

I often can get better deals using coupons at department stores.  I find the comparable prices must be from high end stores with no sales or coupons.  I rarely buy anything full price at retail.

Respected Contributor

@seedpie wrote:

I often can get better deals using coupons at department stores.  I find the comparable prices must be from high end stores with no sales or coupons.  I rarely buy anything full price at retail.

I agree with @seedpie that you get better deals at department stores.  It is always better to compare online prices if you believe that QVC prices have increased.  I know that many of the major retailers have really good online prices and many times better deals when you shop online.  

Occasional Contributor

I agree with you too.a lil t-shirt for$40 is pretty bad. Susan graver pieces are also much too high. I guess designers are making out alright on the Q.and then when they say it's free shipping it's really a joke. You know they added it into the price. Honestly I feel that their quality has gone down too. It's a shame

Esteemed Contributor

@April of NY wrote:
  1. Try Evine!

Also Women Within...