Honored Contributor

Re: Why is Vince Camuto Leaving HSN & Coming to the Q?

[ Edited ]

@SahmIamwrote:

@Lipstickdiva  I thought that QVC would simply move the VC shoes that were offered on the HSN site over to the QVC site; they didn't. They brought in shoes that are frumpy and boring when you compare them to watch HSN carried. Yes, Nordstrom may have some of the same but again, HSN was THE place to go to for VC, not Nordstrom. Second in line would be the VC site.

Going through my shopping record at HSN, it shows I purchased many pairs of VC shoes this time each year...there is nothing I would buy from QVC as of now. That's a big difference in shopping pattern for a brand. I doubt I'm the only one. So, how much do you think is being lost by the company? 

Time will tell.

I purchased my fair share of VC shoes from Nordstrom because they were cheaper than HSN.  I use to price compare everywhere and there were times it just worked out that way.  Some of the VC shoes were the exact same price on HSN as they were on Nordstrom, VC site, etc. until they were marked down, then HSN beat anyone else's price.  But not always. 

The TS were a good value for the most part but I seem to think some of them were made especially for HSN.   

I didn't think they would take inventory from HSN and move it to QVC but I also didn't think they'd only pretty much have flats and nothing else.  The VC website has a ton of gorgeous shoes.  I'm not sure what the buyers were doing when they brought in what they did.

Honored Contributor

I just looked at the Vince Camuto shoe offerings on QVC.  For the most part, they are dreaedful--imo.  I do like the tennis shoes, but I won't buy as I have so many pairs of Steve Madden and INC and even a few VC ones.  I like the T.S. in red, but I won't buy that-more than likely--heel is 1/2 inch too high for me to wear to work.  I'm in offices all day and up and down stairs.  I need 2.5 inches or so.

I'm so disappointed.  The T.S. is a fair price, but it won't ever get marked down on QVC the way it did on HSN--meaning to 1/2 the price of the T.S. price.  AS IS will be like $65 or so--at least.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@winamac1wrote:

I just looked at the Vince Camuto shoe offerings on QVC.  For the most part, they are dreaedful--imo.  I do like the tennis shoes, but I won't buy as I have so many pairs of Steve Madden and INC and even a few VC ones.  I like the T.S. in red, but I won't buy that-more than likely--heel is 1/2 inch too high for me to wear to work.  I'm in offices all day and up and down stairs.  I need 2.5 inches or so.

I'm so disappointed.  The T.S. is a fair price, but it won't ever get marked down on QVC the way it did on HSN--meaning to 1/2 the price of the T.S. price.  AS IS will be like $65 or so--at least.

I meant to say, the offerings, for the most part look like rejects from shoes on sale.  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girlwrote:

@BARBIE100wrote:

YAY! Happy that he is coming to the Q!!

@BARBIE100 - "he"/Vince passed away several years ago...he's not coming to the Q!

Thank you for straightening me out.   Sad....I had no Idea.

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight  Because we don't have enough shoe vendors on QVC -- LOL.    we  have more shoe vendors and tote/luggage vendors than anything else.    Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I hear ya. For me, the no tax and free shipping from HSN made the same shoe cheaper than Nordstrom from the get-go. The other thing was HSN offered evey size (smallest to largest) when Nordstrom often didn't (why, I don't know. New shoes were usually offered at a discount during a show and ye, the line offered many styles made just for HSN; usually better than what I saw at Nordstrom, lol.

The best part was when they were marked down, they were MARKED DOWN! That is not going to happen at QVC. Flats, velcro, low heels all have their place and tha'ts fine but why not ALSO offer the gorgeous heels and such that are on his site? That's what HSN did and they sold.

Occasional Contributor

I can’t agree more!  HSN has it all over QVC i.e., Product, presentation, Hosts, prices, returns, etc.  I am bummed.  And I love VC products.  I just can’t watch the hosts on QVC.  So sad.  

Occasional Contributor

DivaLipstick:  You said it all.  Bravo!  I’m so sick of QVC’s “designers” and hosts.  I’m done.  Boring!

Honored Contributor

@stellabystarlight  Probably different exposure.  All his shoes will be FREE SHIPPING!  Cat Happy

kindness is strength