Occasional Contributor

Why does everything sell out so fast these days?

I was unable to get any of the Denim & Co peplum jackets. Leah said they had 6,000 for the day.  Why so few? And they are sold out too, no chance to go on waitlist.

This has been happening more and more lately, and it's getting very annoying.

Valued Contributor

Re: Why does everything sell out so fast these days?

It seems to me it's one of two things, either they aren't buying as much merchandise, which might indicate slow sales, or its just another sales tactic to motivate you to make a hasty decision and buy on impulse.  I would guess the latter.

Esteemed Contributor

@msack3889 wrote:

I was unable to get any of the Denim & Co peplum jackets. Leah said they had 6,000 for the day.  Why so few? And they are sold out too, no chance to go on waitlist.

This has been happening more and more lately, and it's getting very annoying.

I know, right?  I thought about ordering the white but it's sold out.  Anyway, look carefully at the jacket cause the back was higher than the front on the model and it didn't look that good. 

Honored Contributor

@msack3889  WOW - that jacket was too cute too. 

Respected Contributor

I also think that retailers are keping their stock low these days of economic uncertainty. An exception is Obi wrap belts. Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@Kardi wrote:

It seems to me it's one of two things, either they aren't buying as much merchandise, which might indicate slow sales, or its just another sales tactic to motivate you to make a hasty decision and buy on impulse.  I would guess the latter.

@Kardi

Also a plus to having limited quantities available may be a draw to get people who miss out on what they want to buy the same item at a higher price:  a win-win for the seller.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

People don't buy as much, so they don't produce and bring in so much along to sell. Waitlist lets them see how well received these things are and they can produce what's needed, and not overdo. It all costs.

Esteemed Contributor

Lands End is famous for never having enough inventory.  Things are always backordered when I shop there.

Regular Contributor

Itried to get the same item.  When I saw it come on, I ran to my computer to order in white.  No luck.  Tried two different sizes.  Unfortunately, both were sold out.  So disappointed because I live in these type of zip ups and really wanted the peplem style.  Oh well, I will keep my eyes open for when they come in again.  I would hope that with the fast sell-out, QVC is arranging for more stock of this wardrobe classic.

Honored Contributor

When Leah first came out and looked so fantastic in her outfit this morning, my eye went straight to the jacket. When she mentioned it was Denim & Co., I immediately went online, found it, and ordered two colors.  Sometimes when I see something I really like, and really need, I am not going to wait for the presentation, I go on the hunt.  I suspect a lot of women did the same thing.  Not sure if QVC expected it to be so popular; they should have had more in total inventory.