Valued Contributor

Re: Why does anyone care about a host being on vacation?????

[ Edited ]

@hyacinth003 wrote:

And look at all the posters, who have such busy lives and would NEVER wonder about a host, WHO POSTED ON THIS TOPIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But, they have plenty of time to speculate about the lives of other posters!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hyacinth   Cat LOL

Wrong. Sounds good but simplistic illogical attempt to dis other posters you don't agree with. It's one thing to post on one thread like this one speculating why certain posters repeatedly obsessively gossip and dish (or bash) about every detail of  hosts personal lives. It's completely different to actually show up on just about every thread that gossips, dishes dirt and bashes hosts. It's often the same nics that show up on those threads like a bell went off calling to them lol.

ETA those always important exclamation points lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valued Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

There are people obsessed with some of the hosts. They know all about them, complain about the way they dress, vacation time,sick time,things they say,their personality,their personal life,etc. Totally unbelievable!

Yep.

Honored Contributor

@Melania wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@LancerHawkFriar wrote:

I think a lot of viewers have the Q on all day as a bit of companionship. I know sometimes I do have it on in the background when I'm home doing laundry/ housework.I'm not really watching it but its on and sometimes I do stop to watch....so I can see how someone could get wrapped up in the goings on in a hosts life. In all fairness there is one host who is always sick and posts ALOT on FB info that is really childish + silly....oh she's so sick...in the ER....hasn't showered in days....and then in the same breathe she says she's flying off on a vacation. Its weird. I liked her FB page in the beginning because she would often post links to upcoming items in advance....now her page reads like a silly 16 yr old not a 40 something yr old.

Yes they beg for attention, there is too much information out there. You can't share all of that information and then act surprised when  some creepy people get obsessed.

You don't have to read it or pay ATTENTION to it...done.

Both of you seem to be involved a eensty bit too much.

You seem confused.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

I personally find it amusing that people care about why a poster cares about a host's vacation time.  Talk about getting a life........

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@K9buddy wrote:

I personally find it amusing that people care about why a poster cares about a host's vacation time.  Talk about getting a life........

Odd comment. How often do posters ask about why the gossip takes place vs how much time is dedicated to gossip on these boards? Not even comparable. This thread exemplifies fact that people are interested in why people do things. Human nature. And many people don't especially like gossips. Think Gladys Kravitz if you'd like to be amused........

Honored Contributor

Hello K9buddy. OP started a thread and I assume wanted a discussion. Well, she got one! That's how the boards work! Keep the discussion going.

Respected Contributor

Seeing it posted here is the only way I know someone is missing.  Well heck, I guess I'm not a good one to comment since I don't even know the names of everyone.  LOL

Respected Contributor

I don't understand it either.  I wonder if they care as much when their postman or dentist goes on vacation.  Do they count the number of vacations and getaways they take?  I think there those of us who watch Qvc or come to Qvc.com to see merchandise and to shop and there are those who are all about the personalities and lifestyles and where the hosts live and how they live and their families and all that stuff.  Qvc encourgages it with the blogs all the pointless (to me) stuff that the hosts put out.  I think probably are people who live vicariously through their favorite hosts.  To me, the hosts are well paid sales associates.  Nothing more, nothing less.  They aren't celebrities and they aren't my friends so I don't care about their lives.  I have real friends and family and they are hard enough to keep track of...lol

Trusted Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

Who can explain people like that.  They just have it out for the host and make it their focus.  Little to do with their own life would be my guess.  Just like you see the same posters complain about the programming, prices, vendors, hosts, customer service, etc. yet they continue to shop here and post long rants about how dissatisfied they are.  Lots of malcontent people.

Their problem is they don't have a life, QVC is it

Honored Contributor

Several hosts come to mind that if they went on a permenent vacation it would be a blessing. I could care less about who hosts what or what host got married or had a baby.....  Why would anyone care unless they are a stalker?