Trusted Contributor

Re: Why does anyone care about a host being on vacation?????

@Kachina624 wrote:

There is one host whose vacations are the subject of much speculation simply because there are so many of them.  In fact they seem to be on-going and non-stop.

Agreed, And- It matters because--- even in this day and age , it is disconderting to know that a host will stray so far from the norm ethically.  To allow seasoned hosts to work overtime, double time to cover your " illness"  , then immediately, cavalierly , traipse off on vacation, is less than kosher.  The need for attention supercedes common sense such that it fails to quash the bragging about said vacation, (taken after a severe illness, also documented for the adoring fans,  during which time others worked themselves into exhaustion filling the empty time slots......)

Manipulative behavior is thought of as "clever" now.  The objective is to obtain the desired outcome for oneself through cunning and prowess no matter the cost to anyone else.  But, when they shamelessly repeat this behavior,  I know I can't believe anything they say or rely on their judgement on any subject then don't I? The world rewards these people but I won't. I certainly don't admire them or enjoy their antics.   I don't invite this person into my home. I don't use my dollar to perpetuate their misbehaviour.  

So, no I don't care who takes vacation when or how often, unless it is evidence of their mind set and priorites,  unless this person is in a position which should require a modicum of trustwotthiness. 

As an aside:  What I don't understand is why a person making an entry in a forum of opinion, in an arena designed for the free exchange of thought/odeas draws so much enemy fire, from every quarter.  As so many have needlessly replied to countless posts, " Change The Channel!", " Get a Life! "  "Do something useful! "   Why read a post you have only disdain for then insist on assaulting the other participants? 

A pattern of behaviour speaks worlds about one's character!

Honored Contributor

It's usually an excuse to find yet another way to bash a host - for those who live to bash hosts.

There are hosts I really dislike, and don't watch. Since I don't see the point of constantly watching, and/or watching out for, hosts I *don't like*, it would never occur to me to "wonder" where they are...all the time.

Busted.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@CoG wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

There is one host whose vacations are the subject of much speculation simply because there are so many of them.  In fact they seem to be on-going and non-stop.

Agreed, And- It matters because--- even in this day and age , it is disconderting to know that a host will stray so far from the norm ethically.  To allow seasoned hosts to work overtime, double time to cover your " illness"  , then immediately, cavalierly , traipse off on vacation, is less than kosher.  The need for attention supercedes common sense such that it fails to quash the bragging about said vacation, (taken after a severe illness, also documented for the adoring fans,  during which time others worked themselves into exhaustion filling the empty time slots......)

Manipulative behavior is thought of as "clever" now.  The objective is to obtain the desired outcome for oneself through cunning and prowess no matter the cost to anyone else.  But, when they shamelessly repeat this behavior,  I know I can't believe anything they say or rely on their judgement on any subject then don't I? The world rewards these people but I won't. I certainly don't admire them or enjoy their antics.   I don't invite this person into my home. I don't use my dollar to perpetuate their misbehaviour.  

So, no I don't care who takes vacation when or how often, unless it is evidence of their mind set and priorites,  unless this person is in a position which should require a modicum of trustwotthiness. 

As an aside:  What I don't understand is why a person making an entry in a forum of opinion, in an arena designed for the free exchange of thought/odeas draws so much enemy fire, from every quarter.  As so many have needlessly replied to countless posts, " Change The Channel!", " Get a Life! "  "Do something useful! "   Why read a post you have only disdain for then insist on assaulting the other participants? 

A pattern of behaviour speaks worlds about one's character!

^^^^^

Exhibit A:  Obsession. And may I say "wow"!👎

These people are show hosts. Posters take bits & pieces of what they THINK they know & make up a whole story. What you perceive of the hosts is a reflection of YOU and how you see the world imo.

QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

This thread is closed for commenting...