Trusted Contributor

Re: Why does QVC give Linea such Rotten hours?

On 6/28/2014 KathyPet said: Can we please get a real grip on the constant complaints about lack of inventory in LInea and the frequent statements that "LInea always sells out". I just did a quick check of items that I recall seeing from the last couple,of LInea shows and here are the results which you can easily check for yourselves. A255153-Set of 2 whisper knit tops Came in 5 colors and 9 sizes. Sold out in Pink M & 1x, Navy in 2x, Black 2x, Sand in XS, White in Med. So 45 possible combos of color and sizes. Sold out in 6 A255145 Top with patch pockets Came in 4 colors. Sold out in White XS, Black Large and 2x, Olive in Med, Blue in XS. 36 choices. Sold out in 5 A255181 Tile Print Skirt Came in 3 colors. All sizes and colors available. A255179 Tile Print Top Came in 3 colors. All sizes and colors available A254441 IKAT skirt Came in 2 colors. All sizes and colors available A254311 Cotton Sleeveless Blouse Came in 3 colors. Sold out in Black XS, Coffee Bean XXS, XS and Med So 18 choices. Sold out in 4 Also, many of the sold out colors and sizes show as being available on wait list in all the above referenced items. I tried to choose recently shown items and a combination of some basic items and some of the more specialized items like the tile print skirt and top. So, where are the sell outs and where is the inventory shortage that is complained about? They simply would appear not to exist.

What you can't check are things that are completely sold out. So what's your point?

Esteemed Contributor

On 6/28/2014 crdlb said:
On 6/28/2014 KathyPet said: Can we please get a real grip on the constant complaints about lack of inventory in LInea and the frequent statements that "LInea always sells out". I just did a quick check of items that I recall seeing from the last couple,of LInea shows and here are the results which you can easily check for yourselves. A255153-Set of 2 whisper knit tops Came in 5 colors and 9 sizes. Sold out in Pink M & 1x, Navy in 2x, Black 2x, Sand in XS, White in Med. So 45 possible combos of color and sizes. Sold out in 6 A255145 Top with patch pockets Came in 4 colors. Sold out in White XS, Black Large and 2x, Olive in Med, Blue in XS. 36 choices. Sold out in 5 A255181 Tile Print Skirt Came in 3 colors. All sizes and colors available. A255179 Tile Print Top Came in 3 colors. All sizes and colors available A254441 IKAT skirt Came in 2 colors. All sizes and colors available A254311 Cotton Sleeveless Blouse Came in 3 colors. Sold out in Black XS, Coffee Bean XXS, XS and Med So 18 choices. Sold out in 4 Also, many of the sold out colors and sizes show as being available on wait list in all the above referenced items. I tried to choose recently shown items and a combination of some basic items and some of the more specialized items like the tile print skirt and top. So, where are the sell outs and where is the inventory shortage that is complained about? They simply would appear not to exist.

What you can't check are things that are completely sold out. So what's your point?

You also can't know without lots of effort how much is left in each size. Could be very little.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Esteemed Contributor

Correct, you cannot know with out a lot of effort how much is left in each color and size but to complain about the inability to order because of lack of inventory or to,state that LInea items always sell out would appear to be a bit of overkill. Either QVC has increased it's ordering or sales have decreased and who knows which it is. A year ago you would have seen virtually nothing available after a show.