Honored Contributor

Re: Why does Denim & Co. always have to put polyester in their tops?

Outside of that Denim & Co Studio line, I don't think they are going for "designer" attributes, like 100% cotton.  Come to think of it I haven't noticed any Studio offerings lately. 

Honored Contributor

I got a real pretty choc. brown V neck , short sleeved T yesterday at

Target for 9.00.  They have more then baby sizes now. Carry XL on up.

Honored Contributor

@fthunt wrote:

Angel - Q Factor always stresses proudly...........it's 100% cotton.....I go - no thanks.

Have never bought one thing from QF.

@fthunt, Angel always states when it is 100% cotton but not all QF is 100% cotton. I think now more isn't than is but some people request 100% cotton she said.

Honored Contributor

100% cotton = ironing board and iron.  Most of us have better things to do and have given that up.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I'm another who never buys 100% cotton.

Honored Contributor

I don't like 100% polyester or blends either, but it's spandex I found that makes D&C's tops feel rubbery.  5% is way too much.  Quite a few reviewers complain about the rubbery feeling.  But, there are some complaining about cotton stretching out of shape, so Gary adds spandex.  

Could we find out the quality of cotton he uses that he must blend spandex with it?  Cotton is mostly what I wear and I don't have a stretch problem, but I buy my tops elsewhere.  

I asked him over a year ago to look into Lands End medium weight cotton they use for men's Super-Ts.  Didn't expect him to look into it, but it was worth a try.  

It's crazy, but Hanes uses a nice cotton for their men's Beefy-Ts.  

Unfortunately, these two companies didn't give a thought to offering these fabrics to women.  

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

I was browsing for new Denim & Co. tops, and found one in the 9 AM show. However, its 60% cotton and 40% polyester. Why? It makes the top feel rubbery! I now tend to gravitate towards Issac's cotton tops. Denim & Co. could use revamping. 

It's spandex, not poly, which gives fabric a 'rubbery' feel.  Poly will usually give cotton more body, prevent shrinkage and help keep wrinkles at bay.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I love Gildan's basic all-cotton t-shirt for women. They NEVER get out of shape. They seem to last forever, too.

I never need to iron them.

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

100% cotton = ironing board and iron.  Most of us have better things to do and have given that up.

I have not ironed in years and have numerous Eddie Bauer cotton tees that I wash, throw in dryer and haven't lost their shape or needed ironing and most are more than 2 years old.  I think it depends on the quality of cotton used.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

I don't like 100% polyester or blends either, but it's spandex I found that makes D&C's tops feel rubbery.  5% is way too much.  Quite a few reviewers complain about the rubbery feeling.  But, there are some complaining about cotton stretching out of shape, so Gary adds spandex.  

Could we find out the quality of cotton he uses that he must blend spandex with it?  Cotton is mostly what I wear and I don't have a stretch problem, but I buy my tops elsewhere.  

I asked him over a year ago to look into Lands End medium weight cotton they use for men's Super-Ts.  Didn't expect him to look into it, but it was worth a try.  

It's crazy, but Hanes uses a nice cotton for their men's Beefy-Ts.  

Unfortunately, these two companies didn't give a thought to offering these fabrics to women.  

Good thinking! I know most women don't want to iron and that's why they want the polyester added. But to me, if the cotton is a very good quality (like Issac's), then it keeps its shape.