Honored Contributor

Re: Why does Denim & Co. always have to put polyester in their tops?

I like the cotton/poly blends in D & Co & QF and other brands. They feel really soft to me - never rubbery. The tops hold up well from wash to wash and never shrink. Some cotton/spandex blends feel rubbery to me. I own a few 100% cotton tops, but it can be a chore to “baby” them when laundering. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

@Kachina624 wrote:

100% cotton = ironing board and iron.  Most of us have better things to do and have given that up.

I have not ironed in years and have numerous Eddie Bauer cotton tees that I wash, throw in dryer and haven't lost their shape or needed ironing and most are more than 2 years old.  I think it depends on the quality of cotton used.

@mspatmac 

I have a CK white button down, 100% cotton, purportedly 'engineered' to be wrinkle resistant

Not sure how that works but I'm good with it! lol

Respected Contributor

I won't buy 100% cotton. I'm my experience the garment fades, shrinks, and goes out of shape.

Honored Contributor

I guess some people like it and it's cheaper.  I have lots of 100 percent cotton tops from LL Bean and Talbots that look, wash and hold up great.

They probably use cheap material that is reinforced with poly to give it body. Sorry to say this but that's my take.

Honored Contributor

@Effie54 

I am a fan of Lemon Bay (HSN) Pima Cotton tops. They are a little lighter weight than the IM Pima I have tried. Not sure if he has different weights. The IM is more of a winter weight for me here in Florida. The LB ones are not at all skimpy, a nice year round weight and they look good with my work clothes as well as jeans.

I love good cotton but not all 100% cotton is good. And there are blends that I really like, too.