Honored Contributor

Re: Why do women wear their clothes so skin tight?

@151949 wrote:

I suppose they think it makes them attractive when , in reality, it has the opposite effect.

@151949

Yes, as others have said, people can wear whatever they want.   But, as you said, it's pretty clear that some women really don't know what looks good on them ... and what doesn't!!

Esteemed Contributor

I do know this to be fact, men are much less critical of what women wear than women are. This thread is blowing my mind!

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@islandgrrl

@islandgrrl wrote:

I wear pants and skirts that follow the lines of my body closely because I don't carry my weight there and to distract the viewer's eye from my little Buddha belly! Cat Tongue

IHey, I have one of those belly's too. I have fairly large boobies and I wear low cut tops and big jewelry so people look up and not at the belly.

Don't worry, be Happy!
Respected Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@islandgrrl

@islandgrrl wrote:

I wear pants and skirts that follow the lines of my body closely because I don't carry my weight there and to distract the viewer's eye from my little Buddha belly! Cat Tongue

IHey, I have one of those belly's too. I have fairly large boobies and I wear low cut tops and big jewelry so people look up and not at the belly.

@happygolfcartrider

High five, Sister!! And, yes, I am ample in the boobies as well! Heart

Honored Contributor

Awe!  Come on @MaggieMack No one is talking about anyone in particular.  Don't put it that way.  No one can say it is attractive to wear something so tight everything (you know what I mean) is showing.

When we see them on QVC and HSN and wherever else, the ladies have on shirts that come just below (where they should).  They look lovely, even on the plus size models.

We (I am anyway) talking about those women who wear something way, way too tight, barely covers the navel and everything hangs out.

Just because people have different opinions doesn't mean they are terrible or mean people.  It means they/me/us/we find the clothes very unattractive while they are wearing them.   Anyway, you know what I mean.

Esteemed Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, no one may be calling a poster out, but they certainly are calling out the choices posters may make, like there is some narrow road of fashion appropriateness you better not cross or risk being ridiculed. I know what looks good on me, yes, Herve-type bandage dresses, and what doesn't, peasant tops and baggy jeans. I don't see why someone else cares so much.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I think there are only two reasons why women wear very tight clothing:

To show it off

They have gained a lot of weight and are squeezing into the old clothes

Esteemed Contributor

It terms of QVC etal, I think it is vanity.  There is so much spandex in the pants, women believe they can go down a size.  Then you get those "wrinkles" where the fabric is stretched to inch of it's life.  But, "it fits!"  I noticed during a presentation.  The host and the model should have gone up a size for a better fit.  You wouldn't have noticed on the host but she pulled up her top to show the fit of the pants.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

Well, thank goodness I have several long mirrors (I say several because if I don't like the way I look in one.....I run over to the other one....and....as I said, "mirrors don't lie...and ******!  I look just as bad in the other one".

I think (whether anyone likes it or not) to some degree, we are first judged on appearance.  If I see someone filthy, wobbling down the street, hair uncombed, I'm not going to engage them.  Now, I'd be crazy.  I'm judging that person.  

I don't care who a person is, if they are honest with themselves, they (at some point) judge who they want in their lives or what does and doesn't look good.

I can't wear Logo.  I'm a size 1X and every ripple on me shows up, every mole on my body shows through (even with a few layers), they look like rags on me.   I have good enough friends that (in a very nice way) would say, "Annabelle, have you lost your freaking mind?  You look like a shriveled up tomato in that outfit.  Girl!  Where's your mirror?  You'll never catch a man wearing that outfit".  Smiley Happy  

Did you smile?  I hope so.  Happy whatever day you want it to be.  Not everyone is a mom.  Not everyone wants to be a mom.  So happy whatever day.  It's just nice to be alive.