Respected Contributor

Re: Why do wear a bra to bed?

I do not as I have never been amply endowed.

Respected Contributor

i'm so happy i'm small busted for several reasons!  one is i don't have to worry about wearing a bra to bed. 

my sympathies for anyone that suffers with issues from a larger bust.....i just can't imagine.

Respected Contributor

OMG the first thing I do when I walk in the back door is start pulling off my bra.  I absolutely hate them because most are so uncomfortable.  I have been known to take it off in the car if I was on my way home.  So, no I would never sleep in one.

Honored Contributor

Once, long long ago, I wore a size 48 triple d  bra.  Yes, I slept in a bra.  A soft one, they called them leisure bras.  When your girls are huge like that, they have a mind of their own.  You turn over in bed or just move and the girls get all giggly wiggly and start flopping around.  Aggravating!!!  A bra controls them.  Some women believe that sleeping in a bra keeps the girls high and firm as you age.  But that's just a silly old wives tale.  One of the best things about losing weight was the freedom of sleeping without a bra.  

Esteemed Contributor

Fire or earthquake.

Trusted Contributor

I used to be a 40D and never wore a bra to bed.  Lost weight, shrunk to a 34B, was diagnosed with breast cancer and during that ordeal I started to wear a Genie type bra to bed for comfort.  Ever since (3 1/2 years) I've continued to wear a Genie bra to bed.  I'm a 100% stomach sleeper (except for when I was going through surgery/treatment) and I just feel much more comfortable wearing the bar to bed.

Except for showering, I always have a bra on.  I find my to be very comfortable and hardly notice I'm even wearing one.

Super Contributor

I'm a 40DD -DDD on a good day or a 42DD.  I would never be comfortable sleeping in a bra.  I HATE bras.  I've been looking for a new bra style as the one I liked is no longer around.  What's up with all the straps being so short?  Why skimp on that little tiny piece of fabric?  I like my bra back to sit low on my back and these short straps won't work.  It's not just one bra style....it's all the bras I've been trying out.  I never had a problem before.  SIGH.

~~66 and owned by cats and dogs.~~
Honored Contributor

Does anyone wear spanx to bed?

Valued Contributor

That was an ill-informed remark- I'm a 42 D- that's not "small". I still can't figure how a thin piece of wire or plastic can possible make a difference holding up unless it's a Wonder Woman bra that cups the whole underside of the breast!! All that does for me is hurt-I like Bali Bras- and more and more companies are coming (back) with styles that don't require those wires but do give support.

Trusted Contributor

@picco wrote:

Absolutely for comfort!  I'm a back sleeper (99% of the time) and when you lay down they fall off to each side, certainly don't stay front and center.  If I sleep without one the next morning I am so sore!  I had slept with a bra on for as long as I can remember, last year had a reduction, down two cup sizes, and still sleep with one one. I thought I wouldn't need to, but its still much more comfortable for me. No more underwires thank goodness however. Went from a DD to a small C.  While they are nice and perky and no longer sag, I won't give them the opportunity by sleeping without a bra.  Chances are if you're an A or B cup, you won't understand this and probably won't have issues with sagging. Consider yourselves lucky. If I could have gone to a smaller cup size than a C I would have!

I totally agree with you.  Thanks to the advise of a smart woman many years ago, my almost 50 year old breasts are thanking me for never going braless.