Honored Contributor

Re: Why do wear a bra to bed?

A bra? I don't know why someone would wear anything to bed. Why would anyone want clothing bunching up about them? I have silk pajamas I wear before I go to bed and put on when I get up, or if a fire would happen.

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

Anyone asking that question has to be small busted to not get it.  For comfort of course!!  I'm a size 12 and 40DD and even when thinner - well they just get in the way and are uncomfortable.  Even at 63, I am not sagging much and I think it's because I nearly always wear a bra to bed so they don't hang at night.  I don't wear an underwire to bed but Rhonda Shear racer back bras.  Without an underwire, I would look like they were huge and much lower which isn't a good look for someone larger busted!   I need to buy really good bras that are well fitted so the underwire is not uncomfortable at all.  I always wished I were smaller so I wouldn't have to but you do what works for your own comfort.

I wear an I or J cup depending on the bra so I'm not small busted and I don't get it. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Trusted Contributor

After menopause the size of my breasts seemed to increase astronomically overnight.  About the same time I began sleeping only a few hours a night.  This went on for years.  I began sleeping in a Rhonda Sheer leisure bra and found I slept better.

Last winter I underwent a breast reduction. (and tummy tuck) I now sleep like a baby in any position without a bra.  Huge improvement, not to mention how many people ask if I've lost weight. Everything looks so much better.

Respected Contributor

Just to add it's not only about being larger chested but how a person sleeps as well. Going through the posts I read that some fuller busted ladies do not feel the need to sleep with a bra and others do. Also, we are all different. In my case, it is a must. I'm a side sleeper and perhaps since I have a 32" back my breasts overwhelm my frame more than others when I sleep. 

I also find that sleeping with a bra helps to keep everything in check. My breasts do not sag and I have to give credit to wearing a bra most of the time. 

~Live with Intention~
Respected Contributor

someone posted about a fireman LOL well last night there were many fire pits going on in the neighborhhod and the short fire truck had nowhere to turn but in my driveway. it was dark, i  went out to see what was going on but had no bra on and short shorts.  did not even give it a thought until the fireman seemed to have his eyes glued to my chest, then i when i went back in the house i realized i had some serious headlights going. oh i dont' wear a bra to bed.

Honored Contributor

I am petite am larger chested and frankly my boobs just feel heavy when I sleep and now that I wear a genie bra to bed, I am much more comfortable. My doctors and I have discussed reduction but I am not really in any pain otherwise so I will pass. They also said wearing a bra as much as possible can help with sagging and I have to say I am in my early 40's and have pretty darn perky ones for being so large. Must be doing something right! Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@aubnwa01

I could certainly understand you wearing a bra then if it gave you some relief and helped pain.  I am sure that was no picknick, to be sure!  

It was one of those unexpected side effects that no one told me about before the surgery!  I'm now a 40C, so I think back then, I was probably a 38B or C so not gigantic, but the weight of my bazooms pulling my sternum apart was enough to make me uncomfortable

Honored Contributor

I'm a 38 C and 65 so the girls are drooping and a little heavy these days. I find the Genie Bra with out the pads is very comfortable to sleep in. I like to lounge in my CH pjs so the Genie bra just makes me look better too.

Esteemed Contributor

I have always worn a bra in bed, I just feel more comfortable wearing one. Even when I had a small bust but especially when I have a big one now.