Super Contributor

Why do they raise clearance prices?

I was just watching a video that had a Denim & Co. skort on clearance and when the host said the price it was $24. something and yet the current clearance price is over $28.?  Why not keep the lower clearnce price - if they are trying to move inventory - don't change the price.  I have noticed this before...  Seems strange to me...... Just a Friday afternoon post.....  

Super Contributor

Re: Why do they raise clearance prices?

I was wondering also, awhile ago they had a jean jacket on clearance by Laurie Felt for 49.98 the next week when I searched to buy it the price was back up to $70 or more.  

Honored Contributor

That's strange.  It's as if QVC's clearance is on money in your account.  Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

Excellent question.  I don't know of any other retailer who does this. If it doesn't sell at a lower price, why would it sell at a higher one??   Maybe a moderator can explain????

Esteemed Contributor

I've noticed some really ugly whatever (tops - shoes) and if they don't sell at the lower price - why would Q expect it to sell for a higher price.  Granted - some people may not have watched when it was offered at the reduced amount - but Q's pricing logic is beyond me.  I don't bother with it cuz I've mostly given up on their clothing line.  (period)

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Clearance prices are supposed to keep getting lower and lower because the ultimate goal is to sell all of the merchandise to make room for new items. Why QVC would raise a clearance price makes no sense to me.

Respected Contributor

QVC will charge whatever the market will bear. Caveat Emptor.

Trusted Contributor

I've decided that when an item is put on clearance and it sells well, they up the price thinking to make more money.  That is ok I guess. What is bad is when they also increase the "regular QVC price" making it seem you are getting a good deal.  

@Sunniegirl 

Valued Contributor

i think it's because consumers think "clearance price" means reduced priced, until the product sells out.

i have heard hosts say that "clearance price" means it something that they cannot or won't be reordering.

Respected Contributor

that tactic of the Q has been going on for a LONGDARNTIME....now it's become a sad and unworthy habit on HSN too.