Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,496
Registered: ‎01-23-2019

Why do I have so many jeans?

I spent the better part of today going through clothes. I’ve been losing weight since January and I’m doing quite well, so I’ve been digging through stuff in storage looking for the smaller sizes. I’m astomished at how many jeans I’ve accumulated over the past 5 years!!!! It’s frightening and every time I open a new bag of clothes, there are more jeans. Most of them look the same too. I think I have a denim hoarding disease. They could put me on an episode of hoarders when it comes to jeans. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,822
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: Why do I have so many jeans?

@Grouchomarx 

You could never have enough jeans. I live in them year round - and most of mine are dark blue. Now u could start collecting different colors and designs of jeans including a few with the embroidery - so they won't all look alike. I'm wearing a pair of dark jeans as we speak.

Regular Contributor
Posts: 193
Registered: ‎10-17-2011

Re: Why do I have so many jeans?


@Grouchomarx wrote:

I spent the better part of today going through clothes. I’ve been losing weight since January and I’m doing quite well, so I’ve been digging through stuff in storage looking for the smaller sizes. I’m astomished at how many jeans I’ve accumulated over the past 5 years!!!! It’s frightening and every time I open a new bag of clothes, there are more jeans. Most of them look the same too. I think I have a denim hoarding disease. They could put me on an episode of hoarders when it comes to jeans. 


congratulations on your lost weight!! i know where you lost your weight cause I found it on my waistline!!!  😂😂😂 i’ve also been going through my closet to clean everything out and have found tons of business slacks that fit every where except my waist. 😩😩 I guess since the weather “might” start to get a little warmer and the snow ”might” start to melt on the sidewalks, i’ll begin my walking routine again. wish me luck! 

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,821
Registered: ‎02-16-2018

Re: Why do I have so many jeans?


@Grouchomarx wrote:

I spent the better part of today going through clothes. I’ve been losing weight since January and I’m doing quite well, so I’ve been digging through stuff in storage looking for the smaller sizes. I’m astomished at how many jeans I’ve accumulated over the past 5 years!!!! It’s frightening and every time I open a new bag of clothes, there are more jeans. Most of them look the same too. I think I have a denim hoarding disease. They could put me on an episode of hoarders when it comes to jeans. 


@Grouchomarx Don’t blame yourself, you’re not the only one. Since I got Hashimoto’s disease I keep going up in weight, but still hold onto my old jeans because I think I’m going to get back into them. I was thin most of my life and am still confident I’m going to get that way again so I’m keeping all of my jeans (in many sizes) until I’m convinced otherwise.😁👖👖👖

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,599
Registered: ‎03-30-2014

Re: Why do I have so many jeans?

I am retired and have pared down to 3 pairs.  No need for more if you wash every week.  Right now I am thinking of getting a pair of high waist, big leg ones, so one of the three is going to go.

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 6,247
Registered: ‎08-19-2014

Re: Why do I have so many jeans?

Congrats on your weight loss!! To answer your question because women love to shop & we never have enough jeans 👖 !!

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,164
Registered: ‎09-25-2016

Re: Why do I have so many jeans?


@Still Raining wrote:

I am retired and have pared down to 3 pairs.  No need for more if you wash every week.  Right now I am thinking of getting a pair of high waist, big leg ones, so one of the three is going to go.


@Still Raining  Thinking of having only 3 pairs of jeans sends me into sheer panic! LOL 😂 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,599
Registered: ‎03-30-2014

Re: Why do I have so many jeans?


@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@Still Raining wrote:

I am retired and have pared down to 3 pairs.  No need for more if you wash every week.  Right now I am thinking of getting a pair of high waist, big leg ones, so one of the three is going to go.


@Still Raining  Thinking of having only 3 pairs of jeans sends me into sheer panic! LOL 😂 


 

@AmericanBulldogMom   Well, I have seen your pictures and all I can say is you go girl!  I can’t leave house much, so I have little need.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,370
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Why do I have so many jeans?

@Grouchomarx 

Well, you have jeans in different sizes.

 

For me, it's that ever lovin' trying to find the perfect pair of jeans! When I buy a pair, I think, "This is it!" But then I revert back to a more broken in pair, that I already thought was perfect.

 

So, I have a drawer full of "perfect" jeans.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 9,255
Registered: ‎07-28-2012

Re: Why do I have so many jeans?

@Grouchomarx, you are not alone, lol. I recently had to force myself NOT to buy more jeans. I'm retired and live a very casual life, about all I wear are jeans. Last year I forced myself to donate about 8 pair of jeans from my stack of about 15 pair. I now have 7 and honestly I know I don't need more and am trying to not buy any more until I wear a pair out. And, you know, jeans take a beating and keep on going, so, I shouldn't have to buy jeans for a very long time, if I keep my guard up. Good luck to all of us.
"To each their own, in all things".