Honored Contributor

Why dig up four year old threads?

I clicked on What the heck is this?  Then I noticed number of pages, then the date.  Please start a new thread, OK ?

Honored Contributor

Re: Why dig up four year old threads?

I agree.

Honored Contributor

@depglass 

I agree, but I think some posters, especially those new to the forums, don't realize some threads are that old, they just do a search for the subject and don't realize the date.

I don't know why QVC doesn't 'lock' the threads that are that old, say after the thread is a year old, but we do have some threads that were started years ago that are still active daily, so I guess that wouldn't really work.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

There are a few threads that are ongoing on a regular basis and started several years ago. I think the thread you mentioned is one of those. 

Esteemed Contributor

Some postings seem to vanish like Casper  - so why can't that same DELETE KEY be used on old stuff?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I don't see what the big deal is, so what if an old thread is revived, it's not like there are so many new threads started here lately.

Honored Contributor

@itsmagic wrote:

There are a few threads that are ongoing on a regular basis and started several years ago. I think the thread you mentioned is one of those. 

This is correct.  It's an ongoing thread that's been active for several years.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@depglass 

I agree, but I think some posters, especially those new to the forums, don't realize some threads are that old, they just do a search for the subject and don't realize the date.

I don't know why QVC doesn't 'lock' the threads that are that old, say after the thread is a year old, but we do have some threads that were started years ago that are still active daily, so I guess that wouldn't really work.

@KingstonsMom @depglass 

ITA. Some people are doing a Google search when they come across the post on the forums so they come here to read or reply. They don't realize it's an old thread.

If the old threads were closed we could not reply but it's nice to still view them if you use the search function.

Honored Contributor

Maybe because posting is a bear today.  This is the only thread left to read.

Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

@itsmagic wrote:

This is correct.  It's an ongoing thread that's been active for several years.

Posters are correct. It an ongoing thread. There are many on the forums between friends. Like the widows thread. Surprised everyone doesn’t know this.