Respected Contributor

Re: Why complain about prices?

@Mlsg wrote:

@Rockycoast wrote:

Because there is no reason not to complain about high prices.  As an example,  for Susan Graver her prices are unwarranted. Having purchased her clothing in the past and some present,  her quality has definitely gone downhill. More then likely because the majority of her clothes are made overseas. Her sizing is wayyy off, not consistant in the least.  Her prints are just dang ugly.  Sorry but I don't want to look like a walking couch. Also, her company does a terrrible job with quality control. I had purchased 2 of her paneled skorts. Different colors, same size. One fit , the other was close to 2 inches longer in length and just as much in the waist.  time for the Q to dump Susan and get a new clothing designer in her place. Someone that actually designs for a women's body.

@Rockycoast 

I guess a lot of people have very different experience with Susan Graver closing (including me). Why to dump designer who bring the biggest proffit for so long?

Look at today TSV. QVC has different designers so you nave a choice. Or  QVC is not one store in the country.

And about overseas production. Not just her but all designers at QVC produce overseas and not just designers at QVC. Susan Graver makes some of her closing in US.

Not a lot but still she does. So no she does not need to go anywhere atlist she or QVC will come to this decision.

@Mlsg  And that is what makes the world go round. You have your opinion and I have mine. If you want the Graver TSV, then buy it. I'll pass. Poor quality and boring design. A tank top and a sweater. Big deal. Seen it multiple times. Nothing new. As for overerseas production, there are better grades of manufactoing then what Susan Graver uses. Her clothing is less quality and poor design at unwarranted pricing.  She needs to go. That is my opinion and I'm sticking to it.

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Susan Graver tsv is $60.  Barefoot Dreams is $80 but no one complaining. LOGO and Joan Rivers prices are similar now. Totally different styles. It seems like it is the personality of the vendor or brand that causes some people to complain. And value is so subjective. What causes you to decide prices are too high?

When I see similar items for better prices.  

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

For me it comes down to the cost-per-wear price.  If I can wear something many times then it would be worth paying a higher price for it. 

@SilleeMee

And, I'm just the opposite..  I'd rather buy inexpensive multiples of something that I'm going to wear often, than one expensive version of the same thing.

For "good" clothes that I'm not going to wear very often - I pay more for them.  For instance - my "good" coat cost considerably more than my everyday coat.   My "good" dress pants cost more than the pants I wear more often.

Valued Contributor

Her price is ridiculous! If her clothing was better than what you could find in the store, go for it!

I ordered a pair of her pants last week for $45.00. During that week I stopped in TJMax and was looking for a top. I noticed racks of 'liquid silk' or whatever she calls it. I took a look at the various designer labels and they were all marked $19.99.

I thought about the order I already placed and decided I would return it, out the shipping costs. Took a few pairs into the dressing room...perfect! Wound up buying two pairs for less than what she sold for one pair.

Of course, her pants arrived the next day and I sent it back out the shipping charges.

Makes me wonder what similar pants cost in Macy's or Nordstrums. Probably less than she's charging plus the shipping.

I love TJ and Marshalls.

Honored Contributor

@Ceci wrote:

Her price is ridiculous! If her clothing was better than what you could find in the store, go for it!

I ordered a pair of her pants last week for $45.00. During that week I stopped in TJMax and was looking for a top. I noticed racks of 'liquid silk' or whatever she calls it. I took a look at the various designer labels and they were all marked $19.99.  I thought about the order I already placed and decided I would return it, out the shipping costs. Took a few pairs into the dressing room...perfect! Wound up buying two pairs for less than what she sold for one pair.

snip ...

@Ceci 

You are fortunate to find two pairs in your size in TJMaxx.  I wear an average size ... and  I've never had much luck there - and don't even bother any longe

QVC sells a complete range of sizes and colors ... TJM is hit or miss.