Honored Contributor

Re: Why complain about prices?

I don't go by names or name brands.  I go by my budget!  What is expensive to me, will not necessarily be expensive to you.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

If all I did was moan and snipe about Q I would shop somewhere else ,and leave the boards..I don't know why you bother to post ,if all you can do is moan and groan ,about Q? It is one thing to make a comment or 2 ,about something you don't like. It is another to constantly pick  them apart, and gloat about not shopping here

Super Contributor

@manny2 wrote:

@FS74 wrote:

@Snicks1 wrote:
Perhaps it's to let QVC know that if they want to charge these prices, their quality should be better, sizing accurate and return policy more fair.

I am all for the S&H and return prices to be changed. Have one shipping cost for an entire order and not just one item. That one boggles the mind. As far as returns, maybe a reduced cost for items returned after a few days after receiving them. This way Q doesn't think one purchases an item, wears it for awhile, and returns it thus having a 'free' wardrobe.

As long as QVC keeps the wear it for 30 days guarantee, and return it , or use it to the bottom of the jar guarantee they will not change shipping charges. If they join the normal return of tags still on, and items in original unworn status, within 30 days shipping would probably be like all other online purchases. You can't have it all, and I am convinced this lucrative shipping business they have  off sets their loss. 

You make a valid point with the return policy. I am not complaining about prices going up, prices are increasing everywhere. I will still shop at the Q since I can't find things that I want from other vendors, B&M or online. I do wait for free shopping days to offset the S&H charges, I just don't understand the charge for each item.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Something is expensive to me if I'm not going to get much wear out of it.  If an item is so unique that I won't wear it much or if it's a special occassion item,  it doesn't matter to me how fabulous the fabric or how well it's made, it's expensive to me.

I try to figure cost per wear.  If I spend $80.00 on an item I will wear over and over and over again, that is a better deal for me then a $20.00 item I wear once or twice.

As far as this board goes, I think there are some people who just want to complain, not only about price. In some cases I think it depends on the vendor and in some cases it's just that poster. There are a few that start complaint threads over and over again.      

Honored Contributor

@Iris in bloom wrote:

I'll tell you why I complain, you have a Joan Rivers plaid top on-air tonight that is awful, the plaids aren't even lined up at all, for 60 dollars. Really?

@Iris in bloompeople that know me know that is a huge pet peeve of mine.  Nothing will drive me nutty more than patterns that don't match.  

I have $6.00 t-shirts from Kohls and Walmart where the stripes line up from front to back.  I know the shirt you are talking about and they should be embarrassed to be presenting that at any price.

Super Contributor

Not so much the prices because everything out there is expensive... It's the S&H - I have ordered something and to send it back because  it is horrible or whatever and it's $6.95... So that's where a lot of expense is...

Honored Contributor

I'm always amused by people who complain about the prices of things ... after they spent the two prior paragraphs  complaining about the designer / vendor, fabrics and styles.

Honored Contributor

My only criteria .... do I like it enough to spend the money or perhaps just enough to put it on my list to see if the price goes down for future purchase.

No big deal if it sells out.  The world won't end!

Nine times out of ten ... if theprice goes down I realize that I actually didn't like it all that much and take it off the list.  

I only buy what I know I'm going to like.  I don't take chances or "try" things.   

Respected Contributor

I think it's fair to comment on prices. Lots of companies price gouge. When I can find comparable items in other places for a lot less, I know the item is overpriced.

For the record, SG doesn't seem horribly overpriced to me. LOGO and Barefoot Dreams are overpriced though IMO.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Honored Contributor

I believe prices are high because this is a shopping network where you are expected to find bargains and low prices.  Now the Q thinks they are retail.  I can shop in my area for less than the Q.  They need to come back to reality.  Medium to low prices will bring women running to you and not away.

kindness is strength