Respected Contributor

Re: Why cap sleeves on most IM tops??!!

On 6/2/2014 Hippie Chic said:

I think there are a lot of women that are in denial about their arms. They think they look good in them, when the reality is, they don't.

I spent my days in junior high and high school feeling I was sooo fat. I fretted about it all the time. Now I look at those pictures and see how thin I was. Why was I so conditioned to criticize myself?! I hope every women who 'thinks' they look good in cap sleeves enjoys them to the fullest. And I hope those who want arm coverage find tops that make them comfortable. We should all be grateful to have the blessing of choice and healthy bodies no matter their imperfections.

Respected Contributor

Maybe what the designers should do, is offer some tees that have cap sleeves for xxs, xs and sm and then a short sleeve length in the same tee for med and large and then longer still for the 1x, 2x and 3x.

I personally would like to see shorter lengths with cap sleeves....like 21" or 21-1/2".

Respected Contributor

On 6/2/2014 happy housewife said:
On 6/2/2014 sueeich said:

I don't necessarily want 3/4 sleeves in the summer either. Just something a little more flattering than cap sleeves. There aren't too many women I know (I'm in my 40's to put it into perspective) that have nice toned arms and that look good in cap sleeves.

I am 65 and have very toned arms.It isn't even difficult to do.

Me too....that's one part that I can truly say looks good and toned still(:
Respected Contributor

On 6/2/2014 happy housewife said:

I love the cap sleeves - much nicer and prettier than sleeveless.

Cap sleeves can give a flattering youthful look on people with toned arms
Esteemed Contributor

Cap sleeves have always been thought to look youthful, and I think so. Elbow length sleeves, OTOH, used to be said to be matronly and to fold them. It's too hot where I live for 3/4 sleeves. I wish they would make more half way between the shoulder and elbow. Cap sleeves are worn by too many people that must think there arms are great and are not.

Honored Contributor

Love cap sleeves!

Honored Contributor

There are certainly tons of choices of sleeves on QVC that cover the arms for those who prefer them. But, if those who have flabby arms would look at them selves they would see that those sleeves just wave with their arms when they waddle - sleeves do not hide anything. However, if you would buy some resistance bands and exercise while you sit and watch TV every evening you could easily tone those arms - it is NOT difficult. I am heavy, but I have very toned arms.

Esteemed Contributor

I love caps, too, because they don't cut you off in the wrong places. They actually look more flattering to me; somehow it makes you look taller, more lean. Elbow sleeves and longer sleeves tend to look matronly.

I hate 3/4! I would much rather push up my long sleeves.

Sleeve length is like wearing the wrong hem length for your height, or wrong neckline for your shape.

This is definitely an individual thing. If your upper arms are really flabby, though, then caps wouldn't be a good look.