Valued Contributor

Re: Why cap sleeves on most IM tops??!!

I don't necessarily want 3/4 sleeves in the summer either. Just something a little more flattering than cap sleeves. There aren't too many women I know (I'm in my 40's to put it into perspective) that have nice toned arms and that look good in cap sleeves.

Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 sueeich said:

I don't necessarily want 3/4 sleeves in the summer either. Just something a little more flattering than cap sleeves. There aren't too many women I know (I'm in my 40's to put it into perspective) that have nice toned arms and that look good in cap sleeves.

I am 65 and have very toned arms.It isn't even difficult to do.

Contributor

I agree, I don't like cap sleeves either. They are not flattering on me. I've seen some cute Isaac tops, but the cap sleeves have kept me from ordering them.

Respected Contributor

I was thinking the exact same thing recently. The cap sleeve just doesn't flatter my arm, and my arms are toned from lifting weights. I much prefer traditional short sleeves, and I wish he would switch. It does seem that all IM short sleeves are the dreaded cap.

I just can't buy them. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Some are so pretty too...

Regular Contributor

On 6/2/2014 skuggles said:

I was thinking the exact same thing recently. The cap sleeve just doesn't flatter my arm, and my arms are toned from lifting weights. I much prefer traditional short sleeves, and I wish he would switch. It does seem that all IM short sleeves are the dreaded cap.

I just can't buy them. {#emotions_dlg.sad} Some are so pretty too...

Same here - I'm in the no cap sleeve camp.

Honored Contributor

On 6/2/2014 Happy Elizabeth said:

I don't like cap sleeves either. Would love to have ordered that ombré shirt, but the sleeves were a deal breaker (and I'm not big either, I just don't like my arms).

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Honored Contributor

I'm not on Facebook, but if any of you are, I wish you'd go to his and ask him to make a different sleeve. Thanks!

Respected Contributor

The top that was just on was regular short sleeve ... sort of. They didn't quite fall like a perfect short sleeve would on the arm so that there was no opening between the sleeve and the outer surface of the arm that would give a parasol/awning effect.(not sure how to explain exactly) But I didn't like hat the embroidery was only on the front.

Super Contributor

I think there are a lot of women that are in denial about their arms. They think they look good in them, when the reality is, they don't.

Respected Contributor

I read years ago that cap sleeves flatter no one - like I needed to be told, lol! I want a short sleeve at the minimum, and if it's almost to my elbow, so much the better.

No, everyone can't achieve toned arms. I was doomed to flabby arms genetically from birth. {#emotions_dlg.sneaky} Probably karma, always hated how my GM's flapped and no, she wasn't heavy - but I am.