Trusted Contributor

Re: Why bother having a vendor on with Jane?

Jane cracks me up.  First, her memory is sharp as a tack.  She has a family story that she somehow weaves into anything and everything she sells.  I often wonder where the heck she's going when she first starts talking, but darn if she doesn't somehow get back to the product.  Next, she and her daughters must own everything and anything QVC sells, especially those darn shoes.  Oh my, she doesn't own rose gold Clarks? I bet she does now.  I still like her, but she has gotten a bit hyper with her presentations.  

Highlighted
Super Contributor

I wonder why the MODERATORS can't or won't forward the multitude of constant complaints about certain Hosts to Corporate!?!   A reasonable person would think a business that employs people  to promote their product(s) or a Vendor's product, would be concerned that the very customers Corporate is trying to reach are being alienated by the people they hire to convey their message.  Defies logic!

Honored Contributor

Well, I like Jane. She is one of the few I watch. Hope the Mods forward my post to corporate.

Super Contributor

Amen!!!! When will QVC wake up?????

Honored Contributor

@lovemybichonfrise wrote:

I wonder why the MODERATORS can't or won't forward the multitude of constant complaints about certain Hosts to Corporate!?!   A reasonable person would think a business that employs people  to promote their product(s) or a Vendor's product, would be concerned that the very customers Corporate is trying to reach are being alienated by the people they hire to convey their message.  Defies logic!

@lovemybichonfrise    Defies whose logic?  It's simple.  This message board represents the tiniest fraction of the general customer base of QVC.  This forum is used mostly to complain.  So all of the millions of people that never post here could quite possibly be very happy with QVC and Jane Treacy in particular.  The voices here don't amount to much.  It only seems like majority opinion is here because you see post after post after post -- from a tiny number of viewers.  

QVC is in 100 million homes.  They have an estimated 8 million actual U.S. customers. 

There are posters here who do indeed state they enjoy Jane.  More importantly, what you don't see are the millions of people who never post here.  Of them, the thousands or millions that like Jane very much, and buy when Jane is on each & every show. 

Trusted Contributor

I agree that Jane can go off on tangents and talk about family, trips to Disney, etc. etc. but for the most part I do like her. She knows her products and is always thoroughly prepared for her shows.  Yes, she can talk a blue streak, but I'm used to it I guess!

The bottom line with Jane is that she sells and sells well so since QVC is all about the selling and making money, as long as Jane does that, QVC is quite happy!

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is argumentative

Respected Contributor

@Pecky wrote:

I also can no longer watch Jane's shows.  She just rambles on & on.  Every single show she has a story or stories about her family.  It really is getting old.  Please let the vendor speak about the product!!

I completely agree!  Shoe shopping is my favorite thing to do.  But I cannot watch Shoe shopping with Jane.  She is unwatchable for me.  

Frequent Contributor

Just do what I do...mute the TV

New Contributor

Jane is knowledgeable and very well spoken.  I watch to learn more about the product and would be more informed without all the personal anecdotes.  Jane is not the only who talks over and cuts off guest vendors, there are several that I mute the moment they come on.  I'm not advocating for her to lose her job, she obviously loves what she does, but maybe a step back and a little self editing would benefit everyone.  Just my opinion.