Honored Contributor

Re: Why are they calling turquoise ""teal"" now?

It's funny because the last TSV, the Viviana was also offered in teal but it wasn't turquoise like this one.

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Respected Contributor

The Rykas they have on right now are offered in teal and THAT'S teal to me!
Honored Contributor

There are a million names for shades of turquoise. The one that throws me for a loop on TV is to call it "blue". I see it and think it looks turquoise but my dilemma is, is it really turq or just blue. I went through this with the recent TSV oven. No host I heard ever described it as being turq but I ordered it hoping against hope that it was. It turned out to be a beautiful shade of turq.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Yes, teal is a definite teal; and turquoise and aqua have their individual, special tints, too. I'm going to Pantone now..........just to make sure.........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Contributor

Well I have noticed this too. I guess if you want a turquoise top, you have to order it by the dumb name they give it. I also agree that teal is darker and more of a greenish blue. I like turquoise a lot better than teal for what it's worth.

Honored Contributor

This comes up all the time. Having taught Interior Design and having the top classes for thirteen years straight, colors are definitely in the "eye of the beholder".

We all know about the colors of the color wheel. The colors named "teal" come from designers. It depends on the designer as to what the color will actually look like. To really get your color across, it's easier to say blue green with a little grey; illustrating colors is next to impossible where the other person gets a clear picture.

Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 ROMARY 1 said:

Yes, teal is a definite teal; and turquoise and aqua have their individual, special tints, too. I'm going to Pantone now..........just to make sure.........

pantone teal

here is a teal duck, where the color got its name

In the modern fashion world I think they use the color Teal liberally.

To me this is more of a real teal

Honored Contributor

Pantone would not let me post the picture of their Teal. but here is a link

http://www.bing.com/search?q=pantone%20teal&pc=cosp&ptag=A0E8C88C5FC&form=CONADR&conlogo=CT3210127

Respected Contributor

Now why on earth would they do that? I have a teal leather suit and a turquoise leather suit and they certainly are different colors to me.