Honored Contributor

Re: Why are all Vionic shoes so expensive???.. question where can I purchase the shoe sting holder.

@fjhwi

I only have one pair and they are sandals. They are the bronze Afton that I slip into every day... have never had a better made pair of shoes. 

The sparkle detail is beautifully done and sturdy and won't come off.

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why are all Vionic shoes so expensive???.. question where can I purchase the shoe sting holder.

@January121 wrote:

I agree that Vionic shoes are expensive BUT, have you seen the prices on Clarks shoes & boots????? ..... what the heck happened that caused Clarks prices to jump so high? 😱

I noticed that, too, and I think it's because of the advertising they have done, thereby getting more exposure and word of mouth.

Honored Contributor

I buy only their sandals and find them the least expensive sandals my feet tolerate well.

I also wear Mephisto and Aravon sandals -  2 1/2 times and up beyond Vionics.  I was thrilled when Vionics came to QVC because I'd never seen them locally at that time.

I wish I could wear anyone's dressy shoes, but those days are long gone for me.

Respected Contributor

You can basically pull up any shoe on the Q and people complain that the fit isn't right (too big, too narrow, too wide, heal slips out of shoe).  I wouldn't buy the TSV for that reason.  Not about to pay to have it returned when they screw up the sizing on their shoes.  I'd rather go to a local store, try them on and get a good fit the first time.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  They tell you repeatedly during the presentations that you have to gradually get your feet adjusted to the orthotic - you can't just put them on in the morning and wear them all day. First time 20 to 30 min- then gradually increase until you can wear them all day - unless, like me, you are accustomed to wearing an orthotic.

Honored Contributor

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

You can basically pull up any shoe on the Q and people complain that the fit isn't right (too big, too narrow, too wide, heal slips out of shoe).  I wouldn't buy the TSV for that reason.  Not about to pay to have it returned when they screw up the sizing on their shoes.  I'd rather go to a local store, try them on and get a good fit the first time.

I do not understand anyone buying shoes without trying them on first.Unless you may already have a certain shoe and just want another color so you know your size in that shoe for certain.

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva  They tell you repeatedly during the presentations that you have to gradually get your feet adjusted to the orthotic - you can't just put them on in the morning and wear them all day. First time 20 to 30 min- then gradually increase until you can wear them all day - unless, like me, you are accustomed to wearing an orthotic.

I have never once heard them say this.  In fact, I have always heard both Liam and the host say there is no break-in period with these shoes.  You can put them on and you are good to go.  The only shoes I heard anyone say needed a break-in period was Birkenstocks. 

I didn't put them on in the morning and wear them all day.  I wore them no more than 2-3 hours the first time because they hurt my calves so bad.  I tried again a second time and within even a less amount of time they were killing the outside part of my legs.

Not all shoes work for everyone and these do not work for me.  I realized I do not over pronate and don't need an orthotic.   

Respected Contributor

I've heard them talk about the break in period. 

I have the Tide thong sandals - several pair.  And I have a few pair of their moccasins.  I did wear my first pair a little at a time.   They do take some getting used to.  They were the only shoe I could wear after coming out of my cast when I broke my foot. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If they are talking about a break-in period, that is something new.  I don't watch anymore because I'm not interested.  In the past they used to say you didn't need to break these shoes in, just put them on and go. 

I wonder if people were having issues so now they added the break-in period?  I just looked at the information about the TSV and it says break in period may be necessary. I just watched some of the presentation with Rachel this morning. She asked what he recommended.  He said for the first couple of days, you may want to wear them 20-30 minutes.  You may not need that break in time but that's what he would recommend.  This is definitely newer to presentations.  

Trusted Contributor

To make money.