Respected Contributor

Re: Why are all Vionic shoes so expensive???.. question where can I purchase the shoe sting holder.

Hmm -- I thought they had always said you might need to get used to wearing Vionics (didn't they used to say that for Birkenstocks too?).

Honored Contributor

Re: Why are all Vionic shoes so expensive???.. question where can I purchase the shoe sting holder.

Maybe someone can explain this to me.  On a presentation of the TS boot, the host said that you could remove the orthotic inside and use them in all your other shoes... if that is the case, why not just buy their orthotics by them selves.....not the shoe, and spend less?  I think the TS is WAY over priced for a clunky boot. 

Esteemed Contributor

I bought their orthotice and returned them. I've had better. There's no reason for their higher prices than anybody else..

Occasional Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If they are talking about a break-in period, that is something new.  I don't watch anymore because I'm not interested.  In the past they used to say you didn't need to break these shoes in, just put them on and go. 

I wonder if people were having issues so now they added the break-in period?  I just looked at the information about the TSV and it says break in period may be necessary. I just watched some of the presentation with Rachel this morning. She asked what he recommended.  He said for the first couple of days, you may want to wear them 20-30 minutes.  You may not need that break in time but that's what he would recommend.  This is definitely newer to presentations.  

I've been watching QVC for years and everytime they have presented Vionics, I've heard them mention the break-in period. I watched the initial presentation last night with Kirsten and she mentioned it and I always hear Albany say it as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If they are talking about a break-in period, that is something new.  I don't watch anymore because I'm not interested.  In the past they used to say you didn't need to break these shoes in, just put them on and go. 

I wonder if people were having issues so now they added the break-in period?  I just looked at the information about the TSV and it says break in period may be necessary. I just watched some of the presentation with Rachel this morning. She asked what he recommended.  He said for the first couple of days, you may want to wear them 20-30 minutes.  You may not need that break in time but that's what he would recommend.  This is definitely newer to presentations.  

No, they've been saying this all along, including back when it was called Orthaheel.  I remember being surprised when I first tried them because they felt good immediately, and I expected to need that break in period they were talking about.  I've been wearing Orthaheel/Vionic for 3-4 years now, so it's been at least that long.  I have a very high arch, and a tendency to plantar fasciitis, so nothing helps my feet/ankles/knees as much as Vionic.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

While they are not on my shopping list, Vionics are priced within the range of other comfort brands which would be direct competitors to them in terms of materials and construction.  Some of the competitors may even be a bit higher (if not on sale).  As for the break-in period, a lot of custom orthotics require a short period of adjustment.  In my experience I've had to wear some of the other so called high end comfort shoes a few times before I got the best fit.  In my case this seems to be a fairly consistent thing for my feet with Reiker and Pikolinos.  

Trusted Contributor

Vionics, IMO, are not worth the mean prices. They are not the quality as shown in Clark's Artisan line, for example. Neither is Earth Origins. 

Perhaps in the near future shoemaking will make a comeback to the USA so we can have good shoes at decent prices like days gone by.

dee

Esteemed Contributor

Vionics has made a gold mine out of, what I think, is dr. Weil's sponsorship.

Honored Contributor

I've not tried Vionic; are they well made? Last a really long time?

I ask that because they seem to run around the same price as Clark's but I found Clark's, for the price, not worth it!

I have Sanitas that run in the same price ballpark and I can't kill them! I've been wearing them regularly for more than a year and the tread has barely budged

THAT is what I expect for these prices...

(fell in my Clark's because the sole wore down completely in a short time)

So if they, Vionics,  last and are good for your feet then I wouldn't mind paying for it..

Honored Contributor

I noticed that some Vionic shoes are not leather yet carry a leather price.  Someone mentioned Clarks prices going up -- I noticed that too.  There are a pair of shoes I paid $42 for 3 years ago and today they are $72.  That's quite a jump in price.  You have to wait until these shoes are marked down just like clothes,    Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength