Occasional Contributor

Re: Why are QVC prices getting so high. And why the Big Designers with even more outrageous prices

fIrst of all. I can shop anywhere I please. I STARTED OUT WITH QVC! I am loyal to them first if it works for me.  I find your comment very snotty.

Regular Contributor

Re: Why are QVC prices getting so high. And why the Big Designers with even more outrageous prices

Could not agree more. I'm a 20+ year shopper who spends about 10% what I used to and I'm finding that with each additional order I swear to order even less. Twice I got Ryka shoes with 2 left feet, that was it for me, and I can't tell you how many times I've ordered 2 colors of the same exact item and have it fit completely different.

As far as shipping, it's hard to get excited about a new purchase when you have to wait close to 2 weeks to get it. Returns are expensive and take forever to process. I sent back Christmas returns to Evine, HSN, and QVC all on the same day. My items showed in route to HSN immediately and I had my money refunded by both companies 2 weeks before the Q even said they had received my returns.

Customer Service is a joke now. Many times I"m put on hold, up to 10 minutes one time, then told by someone reading from a script that there's nothing they could do. This is the norm now.  In the old days CS fixed whatever problem you had, fixed it fast, and left you feeling good about shopping with a company you could trust.

There is NO trust left as far as I'm concerned. The fake awards shows where  the winning products have 1 and 2 star customer ratings are a complete joke, Shoes on Sale which used to boast new styles and all proceeds going to charity now show 2 and 3 year old shoes and 80% goes to charity. 

Judith Ripka sterling and clad pieces for thousands of dollars? It makes me shudder. 5% cashmere added to cotton warrants an $80 price tag for a simple top? The list goes on and on and on. 

There is no VALUE, which implies you are getting something wonderful for a wonderful price, no QUALITY, when there is zero consistancy and you're paying for returns because of their lack of quality control, and receiving products 2 weeks after I receive them is not something I'd put in the CONVENIENCE category.

I guess I've completed all my stages of grief with QVC. At first I desperately missed a company I loved and that I had turned so many people on to. Then I was angry, at Mike George mainly, and what he had done to this once great company, now I just accept it is what it is and that is manily a bunch of hoopla about nothing. In the first 10 years I shopped with QVC I never returned a single item. Now I'd say its at least 50% so yes, I do shop other places and can find most of what I want for a better price and delivered in 2 days.

Honored Contributor

QVC is not Target or KMart.  Their prices have always been moderate.  They have never been what I concider cheap.  Reasonable sometimes.  I don't buy clothes at all here anymore, I have bought one handbag in here in 12 years.  I can get same thing sometimes elsewhere for less, and no shipping!  If I need a return, they do it free!  I am not going to pay 20 dollars to try shoes or some items.  I do buy Perricone, but only some of it that other stores don't offer.  Their shipping is  stupid.  I can go anywhere and get higher quality clothes,, shoes ,handbags etc, for less on sale.  I get reward points, discounts, and higher mrrebates.  By the way, IMO costs have gone up everywhere for clothing and skincare.  OMG, have you seen the price of undies in the dept stores?

Anyway, all that said, I have to say QVC prices are in line with most stores, without a sale. I think skin care is competitive with what you pay at Nordie or Neiman or Macy;s, they just add shipping which most stores don't.  Sometimes I wonder how they sell some items that are anywhere else for less, with discounts , rewards and frees ship and returns.  I think in that case people buy because they need to use easy pay.  For me, I would rather get something less somewhere else, charge it..and pay it off in a few payments if I needed to,  But I am not other people and have no  insight as to why they would pay more.  It cant be convenience because I order almost everything online.  But QVC is a reputable company with a good reputation, and trust may have a lot to do with it.  Each of us does what works for our life style.

Occasional Contributor

That comment is totally uncalled for. They are simply expressing how they see things like you probably do.

Occasional Contributor

Yes, you are.

Occasional Contributor

Attitudes like yours are out of line. If you are the type of customer of QVC, I will shop elsewhere, high prices or not.

Occasional Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

Geeze, the original poster was just sharing her opinions. IF she wanted to shop elsewhere, she would! Like all of us, we enjoyed watching the Q - but disappointed because of the lack of quality, lack of choices and high prices for "poly" liquid knit. 

Exactly. I've reported them to the moderators.

Occasional Contributor

@nana59 wrote:

@abbeythe 8thwrote:

QVC isn't the only game in town.  If you think the prices are too high, shop elsewhere. 

@abbeythe 8thwrote:

QVC isn't the only game in town.  If you think the prices are too high, shop elsewhere. 

Very glad your comment is in a font that is very hard to read.......

@abbeythe 8thwrote:

Attitudes like yours are out of line and disrespectful, not to menton snobbish. Your comment suggests customers shop elsewhere and many will. You need to respect other peoples feelings as you would have others respect yours.

Honored Contributor

I think  Q is about average for prices.

Respected Contributor

I can remember when QVC sold 4 Tee shirts in a tote every spring/summer for about $32.00. You will never see that now.