Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why are QVC prices getting so high. And why the Big Designers with even more outrageous prices

@muttmom wrote:

QVC is damned if they do and damned if they don't. Some buyers like in house brands.  while others prefer name brands.  There is inconsistency in size, but that's true in a lot of places.  Prices have risen, but so have costs in general.

If I were no longer happy with my shopping experience with any retailer, I'd shop elsewhere.

I don't believe I've ever heard anyone damning them, b/c prices were too low. One of the vendors offered an ordinary sweat shirt with a new angle for a sweat shirt: a high/low. And they thought that was worth $59. for an ordinary sweat shirt. 

Everybody knows when they're not happy with a price, they go where the price is better. However, that does not exlude them from their opinion here.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why are QVC prices getting so high. And why the Big Designers with even more outrageous prices

Isaac's prices are way out of line, b/c his name sells. Even though he's sold his company and doesn't even do the designing. His price for ordinary cotton t'shirts are ridiculous. And please, if you buy the cotton ones, be sure to size up as they all shrink. Nothing special except the price.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also get frustrated and annoyed at the constant badgering by most of the hosts to BUY, BUY, BUY. A note to QVC - there are many other places to shop on-line ---- and your program used to be GREAT!!!!! That was until a few years ago. It has become too pushy and deceitful - with those DUMB EZ Pays. If people can't afford to pay in full --- they shouldn't be purchasing. Credit card bills come in very quickly --- how can they pay it then? America is in credit card debt since they have no control of their spending. Your program used to be more light-hearted with sprinkles of humor.

Also, the quality of many of ur products --- has gone down the drain. That's probably why ur inundated with returns.

People have the right to complain --- because many of us have been watching the Q for over 20 years. We remember "how it used to be." Hopefully, some day, management will change, and they will be open to our suggestions. Some of us actually like watching the show - so don't tell us NOT to watch!!!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I laugh when the hosts warn you they might be all soldout: "Jump on it now, if you want it. There isn't much at the Q you never see again and again and again.... 

Honored Contributor

Prices on the Q are definitely higher than they used to be, but you can't expect prices to remain stable for 20 years. Even though prices on clothing have gone up in lots of other stores too, it seems to me the Q charges more for similar clothing then many other online retailers. They must have a huge overhead or be making a fortune, because I rarely see a great deal or sale anymore. Lots of other retailers have really great deals at least once in awhile.

The prices on D & Co. and SG seem to have gone up the most over the years. The price of some Logo and IM is high too. I can find similar items for less elsewhere. I agree they feature a lot more expensive brands than they used to. In the end the Q will sell at the price the market will bear so if customers buy the items at these prices nothing will change - except maybe another increase in price down the road. 

Respected Contributor

Did you see LOGO's new cardigan she is selling for $79.92? Why not just sell it for $80? I guess some will think they're getting a deal!!  It is paper thin yet plenty of people according to her and Sharon are buying it up.   It's cute but how can this keep you warm? I know she is into layering but come on!!!!   Also, the waffle knit makes it sporty and not for work.  

It's a272848

Occasional Contributor

I watched AM Style today and saw nothing that was of interest to me. I went to my local Herbergers where I found two cute tops, similar to some I've seen in D & Co. The two were marked down by at least 50%. On top of that I had a 30% off coupon. So I got two tops for less than $21. I used to shop with QVC, but when I can get superior quality and for drastically less elsewhere, why would I return to the Q?

And the salesperson didn't talk about her kids, used proper English and didn't say she had one in every color. How refreshing.

Esteemed Contributor

One reason that the retail prices before any sales or discounts is high is due to the high U.S. dollar. Those overseas manufacturers get paid in U.S. dollars so I doubt that Americans are seeing any savings passed on to them. But wait for a good sale because who pays retail anyway?

I agree that QVC though is probably one of the worst companies to have a "sale" on anything...to them  $5 off is a "sale". 

And in Canada we are seeing inflation in just about everything due to the sinking CDN dollar. I definitely wait for a sale and know my prices. I'm not spending $100 for a pair of fabric shoes either.

Honored Contributor

I used to watch the Q a lotr because I enjoyed the hosts so much- Judy Crowell, Kathy Levine , many others who have come and gone over the years. Now there is no professionalism in the newer hosts. Just fast talking and hyperactivity. I used to enjoy Shawn but she gets on my nerves now, she is much too childish. I still really enjoy watching MBR ,Jill ,Jane Tracey, and  both Dans but that is about all. I agree with everything the OP said about prices. They are charging what a higher end department store charges but not offering the product that supports the price. 

Valued Contributor

I looked over the LG show and the cardigan was too expensive for me.  The fabric does not seem special.  Ryka has quit presenting leather walking shoes and what they do present is expensive mesh.