Respected Contributor

Re: Why all the HSN discussions on here recently?

Years ago I used to buy Dr. Graf skin care products from HSN and at that time their forums were really active. I used to get great advice and overall the threads seemed kinder and gentler than at QVC. I was stunned when I went to the HSN forums recently to read about a TS and it had no traffic whatsoever. I have no idea what happened to change the activity level so much.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with much of what has already been said. I would add that I think HSN has a very diverse and interesting group of designers for fashion, and jewelry. And that they have great easy pays, free shipping and just often more consumer friendly. I love hearing about what people have found or bought on HSN or any other retailer

Trusted Contributor

I am so glad that other shopping venues are discussed here. It seems that there are many discussions lately because the option so HSN have been great and many of the ladies shop both networks.
Esteemed Contributor

On 3/23/2014 sunshine45 said:

i have no problems discussing hsn here. their forums are not as busy and not as easy to navigate as this one. at one point they were shut down completely for a long period of time.

we discuss all other stores, why not hsn?

The understatement of the year!! I had hopes the hsn board of yesteryear would return when it was recently revamped- it had been such a fun place! But it's back to hardly anyone posting.

Esteemed Contributor

Most posters shop both channels. Their boards are horrible. It doesn't bother me at all and I do it. Posters refer to it as ""the southern channel"" because QVC used to delete posts that mentioned it. That was before it owned part of it.

Super Contributor

Yes, we used to refer to HSN as "the southern channel" because it's in Florida. If QVC saw the word "HSN" the webmaster would "poof" the post. But now HSN and QVC are business partners so it seems to be okay. The message boards at HSN seem hard to figure out to me. It's difficult to figure out where to post for a certain category. Then if you do things well you get a good reputation?
Respected Contributor

On 3/23/2014 ibb38 said:I had hopes the hsn board of yesteryear would return when it was recently revamped- it had been such a fun place! But it's back to hardly anyone posting.

ibb38: Do you know what happened to create such a ghost town at HSN? I completely agree with you, their forums used to be very fun.

Esteemed Contributor

On 3/23/2014 islandgrrl said:
On 3/23/2014 ibb38 said:I had hopes the hsn board of yesteryear would return when it was recently revamped- it had been such a fun place! But it's back to hardly anyone posting.

ibb38: Do you know what happened to create such a ghost town at HSN? I completely agree with you, their forums used to be very fun.

I think part of the problem is you can only discuss hsn products- we discuss all sorts of stuff here. QVC- plus a ton of related shopping topics! When their board was recently revamped they tracked my account and asked me to be part of a focus group. Weird, because I hardly buy anything from them! One thing I suggested is they open up the discussions to include products outside of hsn- that such limitations impact the board traffic. The person I was working with said that was one thing 'corporate' didn't want to change.

Respected Contributor

On 3/23/2014 ibb38 said:
On 3/23/2014 islandgrrl said:

I think part of the problem is you can only discuss hsn products- we discuss all sorts of stuff here. QVC- plus a ton of related shopping topics! When their board was recently revamped they tracked my account and asked me to be part of a focus group. Weird, because I hardly buy anything from them! One thing I suggested is they open up the discussions to include products outside of hsn- that such limitations impact the board traffic. The person I was working with said that was one thing 'corporate' didn't want to change.

Well, THAT is really interesting. I had not realized their boards were limited to HSN products but come to think of it, I don't think I ever tried to discuss anything else. Thank you for the info. I read somewhere that a firestorm was created because a clothing vendor violated a forum protocol. But that didn't make sense to me as a reason to alter the entire forum. Thanks again!

Super Contributor

HSN's boards are moderated like Big Brother is watching. Also they allow (or did allow) Private Messaging, maybe some were scared off by it. I don't believe they are so difficult to navigate now since the update; the real issue is there are threads up for years and there might be a new post every 6 or 8 months. Too slow and boring.

The mods do jump right in if you have a complaint about slow shipping or another CS issue.