Frequent Contributor

Why Is Everything Denim & Co now over $60?

I tune In often to see Denim & Co.  and noticed all her tops are $60 or more.  Please that is ok ifor special occasion tops but not tops to wear dailly with pants and jeans.  Anyone else noticed?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Why Is Everything Denim & Co now over $60?

Not everything is over $60.00, but the prices are climbing, even for a simple T-shirt. It seems between Denim & Co. and susan Graver's polyester clothes, they are rising fast. I can go to LL Bean or other brick and mortar stores for a lot less....and not have to pay for return shipping. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

The shipping cost has increased as well. Then wait a week to ten days to receive the item. No Thanks. I will shop local.

Respected Contributor

I have some D&C items in my closet, nothing at all recent,

and they were not anywhere near $60. 

The pricing of that brand is ridiculous - as it is nothing special and more basic.

The prices should reflect that.

D&C has changed, and from anything I have seen anyhow, not for the better.

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

I think it is because they know most people buy on "sale" or "promotional" prices.  Now they have room to move.  

Esteemed Contributor

I need to buy a couple summer t shirts for the summer.  Looking at my new LLBean catalog, they have some good quality shirts I will like.  Elbow length length sleeves suitable for me.  Free shipping for a $50 and over purchase for anyone, if you don’t have an LLBean card.

Esteemed Contributor

D & C prices have def risen........i am very picky now with what i order from them or SG which seems to have gone from the $40's, to $50's and now to most tops being in the $60 range and with s & h it ends up around $70.00 for her items...............luckily the style trends these days helps me resist!

Respected Contributor

@PamfromCT wrote:

I need to buy a couple summer t shirts for the summer.  Looking at my new LLBean catalog, they have some good quality shirts I will like.  Elbow length length sleeves suitable for me.  Free shipping for a $50 and over purchase for anyone, if you don’t have an LLBean card.

I love and live in their perfect fit pants. $39 for a quality pant, cotton with 10% spandex. Flattering, for me the straight leg is perfect——comfortable and versatile.

Their Pima cotton tops are great too. I am 67, 5’7 185 the regular large 30” inseam is perfect.

Honored Contributor

@PamfromCT @IMW 

I live up the road & around the corner from LLBean.  Everytime I walk into that store I have to put blinders on. Smiley Tongue

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor

I agree, pricing is crazy for what you are getting. I stopped shopping the Q for clothing probably close to 2 years ago. Imo only, I think the pricing is simple....because they can, and many have said, they don't care, they think it's worth it (I disagree on its worth). I recently bought 4 tees from Lands End, one for $20, one was $12, the other two were $10 ea, no shipping, so with tax the total was about $53, for supima cotton that is cool and not heavy fabric. I go by their sizing charts and have never had to return something because of poor quality or bad fit.
"To each their own, in all things".