Respected Contributor

I dont order clothing from the internet or shopping channels.   I like to try things on or take them home and try on. If I knew things would not need to be returned I might order online. BUT not going to pay return fees for this!  Many times clothes do not fit and with them made overseas alot of time they dont fit or they shrink when washed, even in cold water and not drying.  Plus Kohls and JCP coupons!  I think it is sad to see so many stores closing!

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess , I also prefer B & M stores...I did a little shopping yesterday.  Everything fits, fabric is very nice, I'm happy!

QVC does have its place, for me, recently I have purchased a dress and a white top, both fit, thank goodness, and I have washed the dress, it came out of the wash very nice and I layed it lat to dry.  I am happy with those two purchases.  I don't buy much from QVC because of the shipping and return costs.

Esteemed Contributor

@Icegoddess-- Everything you said and more!   I won't buy clothing that I can't try on and see the quality before I buy it.    I don't shop online for anything anymore.  I have in the past and usually got burned.  I get better deals and higher quality buying in person.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I am a terrible online shopper.I spend hours cruising the sites,sticking things in my basket and then reading the reviews.After the negative reviews I start doubting my purchase so look at another site.I then can’t remember where I saw things that I liked and just give up.The times I have ordered the fabrics have been dissapoiting or the fit was off.I am spending a lot less on fashion since a lot of stores have closed in my area.I have been buying my stuff from Costco and Fred Meyer.

Esteemed Contributor

I like shopping and live close enough to malls and stores in Canada that it's worth my time to plow through racks of clothes to find a gem. I bought my mom a nice nightgown and my mother-in-law a nice Chaps button down blouse for Mother's Day at Hudson's Bay and my husband a nice John Lennon brand button down shirt (it's made by the brand English Laundry) at Hudson's Bay too. All were bought on sale or clearance as I am a bargain shopper.

I realize not everyone has the time nor the desire to shop in person though.

Honored Contributor

I pick up most of my intimates and clothing from Dillard’s and Kohl’s. When I find a trusted brand I like, I usually stick with it.

My favorite brand from the Q was SG until the prices got so out of sight.

Since I’m retired and within five miles to the malls, I prefer to shop off line for especially clothes.

Still love the Q though.

Honored Contributor

I love B&M but I do sometimes buy online from familiar retailers, buying familiar labels.

Good shopping this week, prior to Mother's Day.

I spent about 2 hours in Steinmart Friday.

So many great choices and the prices were deeply discounted with the current sale.

I'm only a few miles from great shopping, including Saks, Nordstrom Rack, Macy's etc.

I can say this will complete certainty.    The worse salesperson at a B&M is still way better than dealing with faceless, nameless customer service reps online or on the phone.

Honored Contributor

That's good.   I have a friend who feels the same way.  I admit that she does get great with sales  but she's also a size 4-6.  I only go to brick&mortar stores and to malls when she asks me to shop with her.  I'm so spoiled by online shopping that the lack of variety and choices in physical stores is maddening.  It's so funny because the things that I love about online shopping  and shopping channels are the things that she hates about it.  Different strokes.  It's all good.     

Honored Contributor
I’d rather buy online. I usually know exactly what I’m looking for and it’s so convenient to type “long sleeve white shirt” add my size and sleeve length into search box at store website compared to going through racks is pawed over merchandise.
Honored Contributor

I do both.  I like going into the b&m stores to see what's going on in fashion and to feel the fabrics.  The variety and quality of fabrics has changed so much over the years.  Also always buy shoes in stores and coats/jackets because I am difficult to fit.  Online I stick to tried and true brands--D&C, Slinky, SG, OSO Casuals--and buy when the price is under $30.  Never, ever at full price for these brands because they are not worth it and similar items can be found in b&m stores much cheaper.