Honored Contributor

Besides the fact that I can try everything on, and I do try to do it all at one time, I just can find so much better deals than on the shopping channels.  Yeah, I gotta look a lot to find things.  There's a lot of the same styles just in different fabrics, but it's the same way on the shopping channels.  I don't shop often, but today one of the departmet stores was having a special charity sale where you paid $5 to shop but you got a $5 coupon to shop with, and many things that are never on sale except end of seaon were 25% off. Plus, I had a 20% off coupon that I was able to use instead of the $5 coupon since it saved me more money.   I came out of the store with a pair of $120 Sam Edelmen cork sandals for $59.99, a $59.50 Calvin Klein top for $14.28, and a $125 Ralph Lauren dress for $20.49.  Sure, the clothing was on clearance which means they're from last season, but they are light enough fabrics that I can still wear in summer in the air conditioned buildings that are always too cold for me anyways.

Esteemed Contributor

While I enjoy a good bargain and trying on an outfit usually means no returns, I havent seen a clean dressing room in a decade.

And don't even get me started on poor customer service by clueless associates.

Honored Contributor

@Snowpuppy wrote:

While I enjoy a good bargain and trying on an outfit usually means no returns, I havent seen a clean dressing room in a decade.

And don't even get me started on poor customer service by clueless associates.

While there is often clothing from a previous customer in the dressing rooms, the ones I have been in aren't dirty.  And I would rather deal with poor customer service face to face than over the phone.  

Trusted Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I agree. Way more bang for your buck by purchasing local and at a B&M store. Cost nothing to try it on. Plus your helping (your local) economy too. Too many stores closing. Many of the tops sold at the Q for 40-50 bucks a pop you can get for 14.99 as a general rule, Kohls, Marshall's, Dressbarn, etc, etc.

Dont ya just love a bargain? I do, sounds like you did good👍🏼🙌🏼

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I agree with you, Icegoddess, I prefer shopping in different stores where I can see the item in person to judge quality, try on clothes, get help if I need it and basically get out and be among people.  I have been shopping out for a long time and will continue to do so. 

I also like to support stores as much as I can because enough go out of business, people lose jobs and small businesses especially suffer. 

To those who on line shop, that is fine, for those of us who like being out and about the shopping experience works.  I say there is room for both and I hope it continues that way.

Respected Contributor

I feel you can cover more ground in a short period of time  online. Also, saves on gas, don't have to look for a parking spot and don't have to look for a salesperson for help. 

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I do like shopping in B & M stores but I have to drive over an hour to find a variety of women’s clothing stores so I end up buying online. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Besides the fact that I can try everything on, and I do try to do it all at one time, I just can find so much better deals than on the shopping channels.  Yeah, I gotta look a lot to find things.  There's a lot of the same styles just in different fabrics, but it's the same way on the shopping channels.  I don't shop often, but today one of the departmet stores was having a special charity sale where you paid $5 to shop but you got a $5 coupon to shop with, and many things that are never on sale except end of seaon were 25% off. Plus, I had a 20% off coupon that I was able to use instead of the $5 coupon since it saved me more money.   I came out of the store with a pair of $120 Sam Edelmen cork sandals for $59.99, a $59.50 Calvin Klein top for $14.28, and a $125 Ralph Lauren dress for $20.49.  Sure, the clothing was on clearance which means they're from last season, but they are light enough fabrics that I can still wear in summer in the air conditioned buildings that are always too cold for me anyways.

@Icegoddess 

Love your deals!  Feels so good to get wonderful items such as this for a low price!  I do enjoy a good hunting expedition!  Yes, I am a true b&M shopper!  I just don't get the pleasure out of on-line shopping that I do from going to actual stores.  More and more stores have closed around this area but I still shop at the ones that I have left.  I don't drive far away to shop and won't.  If there is something I really, really want or need and can't find locally, then, yes, I will shop on-line.  But, I find it to be fun to browse in the stores and I prefer to see the items for real and to try them on.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Everyone  should do what is right for them . There is no pat formula that works for everyone

I am a petite, and am sick of running from store to store , trying to find something that fits me, and doesn't look like a teenager ,or college kid  style

I use sizing charts when I buy, and I never have problems with fit

Valued Contributor

Just about all of my shopping is done in B/M stores.  I live close to many malls, I enjoy being out and about browsing.

I really dislike internet shopping b/c it gives me a headache and sometimes be a bit confusing about what it is I want to buy.