Honored Contributor

Re: Why I am reluctant to order clothing from the Q

@Krimpette wrote:

@chrystaltree Wow!  I envy you.  I have to at least press most everything....except for most liquid knit.  Just finished pressing a couple of Land's End turtle necks.  Can't recall many items that don't at least require some pressing or steaming before wearing.  (I'm not one who washes everything I buy before wearing.)

Maybe you have better eyesight than she does.I have noticed without my readers my world is a cleaner and much less wrinkled place.I even look ok in the mirror.

Honored Contributor

@dex Smiley Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1 wrote:

Too many wrinkles. Have to launder and then iron. Got a lovely blouse,but it was a wrinkled mess!

I was expecting this to be about the cost or returns for items that don't fit or don't look the way you expect.

Wrinkles aren't really an issue for me.

Honored Contributor

I cant even recall the last time something had to be iron it is that long ago. I always make sure I buy things that  don't wrinkle

Honored Contributor

It really depends on the material.  Many knit items have crease marks, at the very least, from being folded.  There is no way around that.  Even many sweaters have the fold marks.  

I just received a couple of Halston essential knit tops and yes they arrived with creases and fold marks. There is no way I could have taken these items right out of the package and worn them.  But I try on and then wash anyhow so it was a non-issue.  Once they were washed and hung to dry, there were no wrinkles.

Honored Contributor

Tops are unfashionably long.  My biggest complaint against the Q & main reason I don't buy. Isaac sometimes has tops that approach a decent length.  But most are like Graver & Denim & Co.   And what they consider a tunic is even longer. Excessive costs with the(slow)  shipping, handling & taxes, etc.  I have no problem getting clothes online.  I prefer to being in the store, actually.  But the sites I go to, often have free shipping & sometimes, no tax.

Honored Contributor

Some fabrics wrinkle worse than others.

I buy mostly good quality poly or poly blend with no problems.

But I do launder everything before wearing.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

Clothing at one time was packaged better but remember we all complained about too many packing materials for the land fill.

Yes, it's better to have less packaging, even if clothing arrives somewhat wrinkled.  Also, it's better for the environment to make clothes of natural fibers than plastic (polyester).  We can handle it.

Honored Contributor

I quit because of so many man made fabrics.

Honored Contributor

I order a lot of clothing, way too much, and I don't recall receiving a piece that was so wrinkled I'd start a thread about it.  The vast majority arrives wrinkle free, which is a miracle considering how the mail carrier stiffs it into the mailbox.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment