Honored Contributor

Why I am reluctant to order clothing from the Q

Too many wrinkles. Have to launder and then iron. Got a lovely blouse,but it was a wrinkled mess!

Respected Contributor

Re: Why I am reluctant to order clothing from the Q

That is the case with any catalog or online retailer.

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Trusted Contributor

The wrinkles do not bother me that much.  I order from MANY online retailers, including Lands End and Nordstoms.  I always have to prep the clothes before I can wear them. Whether wrinkles or deep folds, I always expect to wash or spray and fluff before wearing.

Honored Contributor

Really?  I find that odd.  I buy 90% of all my clothing from the shopping channels and other online catalogs sites and in all these years, I've never received a wrinkled item.  If I did, it wouldn't be a problem because I'd return that item.  

Honored Contributor

Clothing at one time was packaged better but remember we all complained about too many packing materials for the land fill.

Honored Contributor

@Group 5 minus 1Maybe those wrinkles depend upon what we order.  I ordered only 2 tops recently, but both required just a shake out before they were wearable and neither has ever required ironing later.

It's not that I'm not fussy -  I have a collection of no-iron cotton blouses, mostly Nordstrom, and those I always press before wearing.

Honored Contributor

Depends on the material of the item.  My items rarily are wrinkled when they arrive.  I wash all clothing items before I wear them anyway.  If it needs ironing its not for me.

This is not the Q's fault.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

Before trying on, I hang my new items on a hanger on my closet door.  If it's too wrinkled I'll steam the wrinkles out while it's still hanging up.  Then I'll ty it on.

Honored Contributor

I always wash new clothing before wearing, you never know what chemicals/critters it may have been exposed to during the manufacturing/shipping (from overseas) process.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree Wow!  I envy you.  I have to at least press most everything....except for most liquid knit.  Just finished pressing a couple of Land's End turtle necks.  Can't recall many items that don't at least require some pressing or steaming before wearing.  (I'm not one who washes everything I buy before wearing.)