Frequent Contributor

Why I Respect QVC's Talent...My Humble Experience

I don't neccessarily believe all the hosts are equally talented but for the most part I think they do well and I must say that after my one and only media "experience" I won't be so quick to judge.

My story...last year, my Employer partnered with a local school district and our local ABC affilliate, KATU Channel 2 to produce a PSA. Over the last year, my job has taken on a PR role and I was asked to be the video spokesperson. How hard could it be, right? Thank God it was only 30 seconds and not 3 hours. I was told where to be and when and what to wear (in terms of color and no patterns/solids only). I wasn't provided a script till I arrived and then the pressure was on to get the script down to a tenth of a second. My male counterpart had his script too and we both had to nail it. He is 6'4" and I am 5'4" I had on heels but was too short for the shot. They had to get out the little box thing for me to stand on...then I was too tall...off the box and off with the heels and back on the box...only to start over with the script.

When the PSA finally aired, I was horrified at seeing myself in HD. I can't imagine LIVE tv, where the camera is in that thight for that long and where everyone is waiting to see your faults and point them out. Seriously, can you imagine the self awareness and poise it must take to present yourself, products and manage guests and callers? {#emotions_dlg.blink}