Esteemed Contributor

Why Fed Ex to US Post Office??

My package was in my city with Fed Ex (it said it was due to be delivered that day), then it was transferred to the US post office which delayed the delivery (to who knows how long?). Why do they do that????

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Fed Ex to US Post Office??

Doesn't FedEx partner with USPS on some routes - for example, routes that FedEx doesn't normally service, or that may be out of their way? It's just another innovative way for USPS to reduce its losses.

Esteemed Contributor

That would make sense but Fed Ex is on my street everyday.

Respected Contributor

I just assumed it was a way for FedEx to reduce costs.

Super Contributor

I don't mind because twice FedEx from amazon delivered to the wrong address in Florida. I never saw the packages but Amazon reshipped, thankfully. I am not sure FedEx in Florida has both oars in the water, so to speak. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Trusted Contributor

I've had that happen with UPS, but not very often (and it's usually with HSN items). Most of the time, if UPS is coming this way anyhow, they'll just bring it. UPS pretty much visits my office every day, and I'm proud to say it's my fault!. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

On 10/2/2014 BonAtTheBeach said:

I've had that happen with UPS, but not very often (and it's usually with HSN items). Most of the time, if UPS is coming this way anyhow, they'll just bring it. UPS pretty much visits my office every day, and I'm proud to say it's my fault!. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Cool{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

It's an option that the sender has, it's probably cheaper. I love it! I love my local PO. Sure it adds a day to two to shipping but I'm okay with that. It's not like I have an emergency and I absolutely postively MUST have those new boots or that new lipstick ASAP....

Honored Contributor

I hate this method

Honored Contributor

If it saves me $ on shipping, I'm all for it.