Honored Contributor

I ordered a SG lunchtime special a couple of days ago.  It was "in process."  Now I see that it's "backordered."  Of course, I cancelled the order.  Don't understand QVC's system.  If it was "in process" doesn't that mean I will get it???? So much for QVC!

Honored Contributor

@kaydee50

Oversold... like airline seats?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

More like poor inventory control.

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Does This Happen

[ Edited ]

@castlenv wrote:

I ordered a SG lunchtime special a couple of days ago.  It was "in process."  Now I see that it's "backordered."  Of course, I cancelled the order.  Don't understand QVC's system.  If it was "in process" doesn't that mean I will get it???? So much for QVC!

@kaydee50  Too bad you weren't just a little more patient.  I had an order that was in process go to backorder suddenly within a day of placeing my order, but  a day or so  later it was shipping.  Patience can be a virtue.

Respected Contributor

I do not know this for certain, but I do not think that this is QVC's fault.   There are  many people accross the country waiting for the lunchtime specials to be available and pounce on it as soon as the clock strikes 11:00 am eastern standard.  This website is not 'realtime' and can not be expected to keep up with the pace of lunchtime specials being ordered. Lunchtime specials are inherently extremely limited quantites.  When it was first started, it was Monday to Friday, 11:00am to 1:00pm - ran during typical work week lunch time. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Why Does This Happen

[ Edited ]

No guarantee that it would have happend for me.  Plus they were quick enough to charge my credit card.  Why if the item wasn't in stock? 

@Pearlee wrote:

@castlenv wrote:

@kaydee50  Too bad you weren't just a little more patient.  I had an order that was in process go to backorder suddenly within a day of placeing my order, but  a day or so  later it was shipping.  Patience can be a virtue.

Respected Contributor

If you have the QVC app, lunchtime specials go up an hour earlier than the website.

If you search for "lunchtime special" on the website, you can find them the late night or early morning.

Esteemed Contributor

@castlenv wrote:

Q was waiting on a return. Consider yourself lucky.

Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

I do not know this for certain, but I do not think that this is QVC's fault.   There are  many people accross the country waiting for the lunchtime specials to be available and pounce on it as soon as the clock strikes 11:00 am eastern standard.  This website is not 'realtime' and can not be expected to keep up with the pace of lunchtime specials being ordered. Lunchtime specials are inherently extremely limited quantites.  When it was first started, it was Monday to Friday, 11:00am to 1:00pm - ran during typical work week lunch time. 

@PhilaLady1  If this website is not "real time" (I'm not sure that it isn't), there would be no excuse for that.  I work for a college that allows students to register for classes online, and our website is definitely in "real time"........it has to be or we'd be in big trouble with classes that have limited seating.  If we can afford that kind of software, surely QVC can.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

@castlenv wrote:

No guarantee that it would have happend for me.  Plus they were quick enough to charge my credit card.  Why if the item wasn't in stock? 

@Pearlee wrote:

@castlenv wrote:

@kaydee50

Your credit card is never actually charged until the item ships.

What almost all online retailers do is put a 'hold' or 'pending purchase' for that amount on your credit card to be sure you have the available credit to cover the purchase.

Since it didn't ship, that 'hold' would drop off.

Like Pearly, I have had many LTS or regular orders go to backorder and then ship very quickly.  I have never had a backorder item be cancelled by QVC.  I have always gotten them.

Considering QVC has millions of items being ordered at any given time, I would expect a glitch may come up with inventory.

Why don't you call C/S and see if they can reorder it for you, WITH the LTS price of course!