Honored Contributor

Re: Why Are There So Many Tie Robes?

@Sooner

I love tie robes & wish I had another one. But I recently got an open front robe from Evine. It is a fuzzy warm one & I haven't had opportunity to wear it yet. Heat wave here.  

I can't recall the last time I saw a button front robe. I recall having some when I was young & they were nice. 

Honored Contributor

@gidgetgh wrote:

I actually don’t own a robe. I don’t care for them.  Too much bulk for me. 

@gidgetgh

I don't generally like bulky robes either. The robe I wear most of the time is a lightweight cotton one by Isaac Mizrahi.

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

There is a shorter version as well, available at simplybe.com.

Wrap up warm with this Pretty Secrets fluffy fleece gown. Pick your favorite color. Button fastening down center-front gives you the option to wear it open or closed. Full-length sleeves and two front patch pockets. Available in two lengths (42" or 48").
Machine washable.
Polyester.
Length 42in/107cm.
Imported
Product Code: HQ883AU
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

I like that one! 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner

Also, check the "Slenderella" brand.

Image result for ladies slenderella  button front  bathrobe

They also make bed jackets, for those who are looking for the bed jackets of yesteryear.  

Honored Contributor

I don't care for tie robes either.  The ones with snaps are my favorite.

Honored Contributor

Thanks all for great suggestions!  I can’t wait to get time to check them out!

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

I just hate tie robes.  I can't stand that belt tied around me and I tend to lose the darn thing anyway, or I don't tie it and it dragging around (Can't have a cat for sure if that's the case!).  I want a loose comfy robe, not a belted thing with no give in the middle and that bulky knot. 

I love a good old fashioned robe with big buttons so I can close one or two or not, NOT have to zip it all the way up (which is a pain when I roll out of bed and can't get the zipper put together or zip it up and am hot 15 minutes later).  With buttons you can adjust how buttoned up it is.  With a zipper it's pretty much all or nothing.

I would LOVE to see more robes with buttons!!!  Am I alone?

@Sooner  I agree that the tie on a robe is annoying to say the least. I found that zippers never stayed zipped just a few inches at the bottom so I could step in & zip up. Button robes always pulled when I sat down & eventually the buttons loosened or fell off. My solution was a comfy pullover the head robe...fleece in winter and cotton in warmer months. 

I had a tough time at the beginning finding these, but purchased a long flannel night shirt from LL Bean and their cotton long sleeve gowns (not see through). Now I’m seeing this type of robe everywhere! Just purchased a grey coral fleece pullover w/ v neck and kangaroo pockets from QVC...so cozy to cuddle up in.

Respected Contributor

I grew up wearing bathrobes around the house everyday. I think I have one now (it probably ties) but honestly haven’t worn it in ages. My morning uniform is a pair of loose fitting yoga pants and a sweatshirt (t-shirt in summer). Robes feel a bit cumbersome to me in my daily life as I zip around from thing to thing. But I LOVE a thick hotel robe when on vacation. It signals a different pace and makes me feel pampered. 

Honored Contributor

I LOVE robes.  I don't mind tie robes, but I also like zip up robes.  I have two barefoot dreams robes (one tie and one zip up).  I wear them all of the time when I'm not working.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"