Trusted Contributor
Prices have increased again. This jump is higher than the last one. Items on my list have increased $4-5.
I realize prices are going up everywhere, but stores offer sales and coupons.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Whoa! Check your wishlist!

The cost to ship those items went up this week.

Trusted Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

the cost of shipping will go up again at the end of October as well

Honored Contributor

Between the raging virus in the local stores where I prefer to buy as much as possible and all the supply shortage price rises, I am having very little trouble sticking to my vow to live with what I already have.

Honored Contributor

Checked mine, but nothing increased in price.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

Some of mine have, too.  As much as $5.00.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

@Miss Pepsi - Where did you hear that?  Has it been posted somewhere?

(Is this just QVC or across the board?)

Esteemed Contributor

I just checked mine, and found that everything has gone up at least $3.00.  So, now even if they have free S&H, they are still more than I want to pay.  Guess I will have an easier time resisting new purchases, which is a very good thing.  I already have more than enough clothing, shoes, and household stuff.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Miss Pepsi wrote:

@queendiva wrote:

@Miss Pepsi - Where did you hear that?  Has it been posted somewhere?

(Is this just QVC or across the board?)

The post office along with Fed Ex and UPS are raising their prices on shipping packages from the end of October through the end of December.  It was in the news.  I will try to find the story

Trusted Contributor

The U.S. Postal Service says it will add surcharges to packages shipped between Oct. 3 and Dec. 26 to help offset higher shipping costs. That means you can expect to pay anywhere from an extra 25¢ to $5, depending on the size of the package and the distance it needs to travel.

The extra charges will apply to both individuals and corporations. The USPS rolled out the surcharges last year for commercial customers.

“This seasonal adjustment will bring prices for the Postal Service’s commercial and retail customers in line with competitive practices. No structural changes are planned as part of this limited pricing initiative,” the Postal Service said in a statement.

Last year’s surcharges helped the USPS achieve a slight level of profitability. They didn’t make things move faster, though. The division was overwhelmed with packages, and many consumers reported substantial delays.

The Postal Service saw a record-breaking 25% increase in holiday shipping and package volume last year, with revenue up by $2.1 billion over the same quarter in 2019. About 1.1 billion packages were delivered throughout the holiday season.

UPS and FedEx also started putting surcharges on shipments during the holiday season in 2020. The move was a result of fewer people traveling or visiting friends, resulting in a significantly higher number of shipments, putting a strain on the system.

With the Delta variant causing a new swath of COVID-19 infections across the country, many people are rethinking their holiday plans, which could mean another busy season for package deliveries. That could push shipping deadlines out even further as we get into December. Those dates are usually locked in closer to Thanksgiving.

found this on fortune dot com