Honored Contributor

Who thought the teensy buttons at the back of your neck

[ Edited ]

were a good idea??

microscopic elastic that you have to reach behind your head to loop around an equally microscopic button; much like lassoing a greased squirmy farm animal, so the neckline lays properly?!

Remember the shoes when you were very young? If we needed a tool then for something in front of us how on earth are we supposed to now do it blindly with just our fingers??

In my quest for a fully considered purge I'm wearing one of those very shirts today; not because I don't like it, I think it's adorable, but because it's such a headache to put on!!

there has to be a better way....

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who thought the teensy buttons at the back of your neck

You really need to give your dressing maid a talking too 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Honored Contributor

@Still Raining 

you should hear the expletives from my dressing maid (DH) when I ask for help!

LOL

Respected Contributor

I have one top like that but I can slip it over my head without having to unbutton(have to take glasses off lol). Otherwise, it would be a dealbreaker. 

Honored Contributor

Wear it backwards? 

Depending on the style.

Or, keep it unbuttoned at the back and wear a cardi over it.

Anyway, I know what you mean.   

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo  I had one like that and I used to put it over my head, button in the front the  then pull it around to the back and put my arms in the sleeves.  

Trusted Contributor

I feel you pain @Andreatoo

If I do manage to get it buttoned,  by the end of the day my hair at the nap of my neck is all wrapped up in the button. Then it's a site to see when the blouse is off except what is attached to the button hanging from the baby hairs all wrapped up behind me; that's when I get out the scissors and lose a few hairs back there to get the blouse off. Geez!

You're  right,surely there's a better way.

Honored Contributor

NO back buttons, or zippers for me.   I'm old and creaky and can't do that any more.............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Andreatoo  I had one like that and I used to put it over my head, button in the front the  then pull it around to the back and put my arms in the sleeves.  

@Pook 

<giant face palm>

I feel incredibly foolish that THAT never occurred to me!!

And it's so obvious?!! You may have just saved this top from the donation pile...Yeah it's that frustrating...

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo

Probably the same "guy" who decided to put the strap adjustment slides on bras in the back - and that hook thing back there to make racer-back straps. 

(in addition to being inconvenient - they show through light weight knit tops.  I've sat behind women any number of times - not attractive and looks awful.)

Thankfully - I've been able to scrounge around and find some bras with the slides in front.