Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who should not wear an Obi belt?

Short waisted , thick waist and short waisted people with large breasts should not wear an Obi.  

Honored Contributor

Thank you ladies. That was pretty much my feelings on this too. You helped confirm it. I just couldn't get a good take on it from the reviews. You helped a lot.

Respected Contributor

Definitely  -  ME! 

Basically, anyone that does not have a nice hour glass shape - with a decent bustline, teeny waist, and a little hips... 

-Texas Hill Country-
Super Contributor

I am high waisted and love wearing belts.   Wide belts are my favorite accessories which I wear with dresses, sweater and shirts.   I own several obi belts.   

Honored Contributor

I think an obi belt draws attention to the waist.  That's the last place I want people to see on me.  

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

I think an obi belt draws attention to the waist.  That's the last place I want people to see on me.  

@CalminHeart- if your lucky to have one! 😊

Honored Contributor

@Stray wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

Hi Stray.  I don't have one anymore but wish I did.   I keep working on it.  I've lost 65 pounds and still have a ways to go but the middle is the most difficult to go.

Valued Contributor

I am tall with very long legs and a high waist. Since I'm no longer young, wearing belts is not a really great idea. I don't want to draw attention to the one spot where I seem to have more lard than I really want. I used to have to be careful on the beach in a bikini when I lay on my back. My stomach was concave and you could see down my bottoms because they didn't even touch my skin -- my pelvic bones held it away. Nowadays I would never have that problem......nor would I wear a bikini.......or a belt. 

Honored Contributor

I shouldn't wear an Obi belt.  I'm short, full busted and full hipped, too.  Any belt emphasizes my flaws instead of enhancing what's good.

The only belts I own are two narrow ones I occasionally thread through the belt loops of pants that are uncomfortably big in the waist, but those belts would be hidden beneath my top.

For anyone whose figure does profit from wearing an Obi belt, assuming the leather is good and they are well made, the price makes sense to me.   I'm just never buying one.

Esteemed Contributor

@CalminHeart wrote:

@Stray wrote:

@CalminHeart wrote:

Hi Stray.  I don't have one anymore but wish I did.   I keep working on it.  I've lost 65 pounds and still have a ways to go but the middle is the most difficult to go.

@CalminHeart- I've lost 100 pounds and kept it off for 10 years but retired in 2013 and put back some so I am working at getting off the remainder of my gained weight and doing well.   Congratulations on your weight loss!  Even after reaching my goal, I never could get a defined waist.  I have exercised daily 90 minutes a day for years and still do but my waist just remains thick!  In the summer, I add an hour to my 90 minutes by swimming daily; the weight comes off but not at my waistline.  I actually consulted a plastic surgeon in NYC and he did some sculpting but said you must work in the confines of your anatomy and mine just doesn't include a well defined waist.  I've had some improvement but.....continue with your journey toward your goal with success....sometimes the goal just has to be better health and well being ....😊👍