Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who's wearing Christmas sweaters?

Don't wear Holiday sweaters anymore but in the 1990s I was (almost) a Beverly Goldberg.  I had boxes of Cardigan Bay and similar and wore them all the time.  Got rid of them in the early 2000s but they were so much fun!

Honored Contributor

yes......yesterday i began wearing christmas themed sweaters and leggings......and will also be wearing a lot of red.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

I used to wear them when I worked at a nursing home, but I got rid of all of them after I left. I do have a Quacker Factory shirt that's green with a simple present design in the center I'm planning to wear to a Christmas party on December 15th. Other than that, I'll wear holiday colors and Christmas jewelry. I have several fun earrings - ornaments, snowflakes, trees, and hoops with little jingle bells on them. I also have a few Christmas pins too. 

Esteemed Contributor

I'm in our communiy choir that performs a Christmas cantata every year and I normally buy a new top for it every year that has some sequins or the metallic lurex thread in them.  I recycle them every year by wearing them to church in December.  These are the only holiday type sweaters/tops I own and wear though.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Respected Contributor

Many years ago QVC had a Precious Fiber twin set as a TSV. I bought red and still have it.  It's a tradition (family joke) that every year I wear it with a black velvet, with embroidered tiny red bows, skirt.

I gave away almost all my Christmas sweaters.   I wear one every year when I play piano at a nursing home Christmas party. 

Trusted Contributor

I have a couple of holiday tops, but I like to wear holiday jewelry every day instead. 

Honored Contributor

I don’t currently have any holiday sweaters, but I do own 2 QF long sleeve tees that I purchased last year. One has Christmas dogs on it, the other is a Christmas woodland animal scene. I love animals and Christmas so wearing them this time of year makes me smile. 

Honored Contributor

Every day?  I have two Christmas sweaters, one if full on ho ho ho.  I will wear that to some fun, casual holiday event or party.  The one is a little more sophisticated.  It's red metallic with silver beading around the neckline and sleeves.  I will wear that a couple of times during the holiday season because I love it.  I have a friend who retired last year, she wore a Christmas Sweater to work every day in December....but.....she taught 3rd and 4th graders in a parochial school.  The kids got a kick out of her sweaters.  

Super Contributor

I haven't started wearing Christmas sweaters yet. We are in the 70's every afternoon this week. Too hot for a sweater. I am in West Texas. I substitute teach and the kids love them! Hopefully I can wear the two sweaters I have a couple of times before Christmas break.

Respected Contributor

I try and buy a few that I can wear in Winter for more wear time. Snowflakes, Snowmen. Winter birds and animals like deer, fox. Bunnies. I avoid the ones with boxes of presents, Santa, Sleighs, etc. Plain snow covered trees are good over seasonal decorated Cristmas trees. I don't like garish holiday wear. I wore a red turtle neck under a Green Irish Wool cardigan Sunday. I enjoy some plaid that seem that fit the  Winter Season for holidays as well.