Esteemed Contributor

Who's wearing Christmas sweaters?

I got my Christmas sweaters out of the spare closet yesterday and I plan to wear one today.  Am I the only one here who wears holiday sweaters and shirts?  I certainly hope not.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

Re: Who's wearing Christmas sweaters?

@tototwo,

I wear holiday clothes also!

https://is2-ssl.mzstatic.com/image/thumb/Purple82/v4/7e/fc/58/7efc588b-85c1-ebac-6a46-40d62cb8ebb4/source/512x512bb.jpg

Respected Contributor

I have a red cashmere sweater that gets a lot of wear around the holidays, but that's it. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Esteemed Contributor

I don't think I could wear one if you paid me. It's just not my style. I did get out the cashmere, though.

Enjoy your sweaters, @tototwo!

Valued Contributor

I don’t own a Christmas sweater; DH can’t stand them. I think they’re fun and so cute! I love seeing people wearing their Xmas sweaters. 

Respected Contributor

I noticed Kohls had a large selection of them.

Respected Contributor

@tototwo

If you enjoy those sweaters, wear them please.  Celebrate how you want.  There will always be those who are the opposite:  why give them any power over your choices ?

If you get compliments, then they are in good taste.

I have two soft cotton long sleeve pullover shirts: cobalt one has a large gift bow in tiny hobnails; the black one, a reindeer in flight.  They give me pleasure and folks smile when I wear them.  That is all that matters.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Esteemed Contributor

I have a couple but they are simple. They aren’t sweaters, just tee shirts. I would roast in a sweater. I have one from Kohl’s that has a simple tree with a kitty standing on its hind legs playing with the ornaments. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Before retiring, I wore something Christmasy every day of December.  I have so many sweaters, sweatshirts, tees, vests, etc.  and even some with lights!  Now I hardly wear them since I don't go out much.  I do usually wear the tees daily though.  They are so much fun and I love to see them worn.  There are more and more men wearing them now and that is great.   For those that wouldn't be caught dead in one - well don't take yourself so seriously - you don't know what you're missing. At least wear a Christmas themed button or pin to join in the fun!  We had several women who made it known that they were too classy for that but one year we had a Christmas outfit contest and the winners got a parking spaces under the building for a week and had different categories they could win in and these snobs all participated and every one of them had so much fun they started wearing Christmas sweaters, etc every year!

Honored Contributor

I do not have any I only wear Christmas socks along with other holiday socks.  I just have always hated investing $$ in clothing for a limited period of time.  Some are very pretty though that I have passed by.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."