Esteemed Contributor

Who's Dressing Up For Work?

[ Edited ]

I have been reading about how Chase & Co. Chief Executive Jamie Dimon and other top executives believe it is past time for employees to return to the office and stop working from home, views he expressed today at The Wall Street Journal’s CEO Council Summit.  While doing so, he looked like this:

8A2BC86D-9984-4E66-87DA-B170D9A80C40_1_201_a.jpeg

So, is it official yet?  We never have to dress up again?

Respected Contributor

I don't see anything wrong with his attire. Gone are the days of men wearing suits (if that is what you are referring to) even in the most conservative offices.

Esteemed Contributor

Looks like he just finished washing his car..............wearing no watch - hands look clean.

LOL

Honored Contributor

Geee........he's a good example!!!

We need to get back to professionalism.

Honored Contributor

Re: Who's Dressing Up?

[ Edited ]

I think it's important to dress appropriately for the place where you work and represent. If that means jeans and a casual shirt then let it be. 

Honored Contributor

On the plus side, a least he is wearing socks. I have seen some pictures and the guy is wearing a suit and no socks.

Every office where I worked every guy was to wear a suit. They were professional offices and every guy looked professional. 

Not sure how this CEO is trying to come across. Jamie Dimon is an American billionaire investment banker and CEO who has a net worth of $1.6 billion. 

Is he trying to look like he is "everyman"?

Honored Contributor

I was lucky my whole working life I wore jeans or shorts to work and changed into scrubs.  It saved so much time in the morning, not to mention money for a wardrobe of business clothes.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

Lots of professionally dressed people are totally unprofessional in ways that count far beyond appearance.

Contributor

Re: Who's Dressing Up?

[ Edited ]
  • Whose business is it of him anyway? Despite vaccines, we are still in the middle of a deadly pandemic.  Besides, he's probably "working" from his private yacht or plane anyway.
Esteemed Contributor

@kittycatmeow wrote:
  • Whose business is it of him anyway? Despite vaccines, we are still in the middle of a deadly pandemic.  Besides, he's probably "working" from his private yacht or plane anyway.

@kittycatmeow very funny.  

In case this is an honest comment, it is very much Jamie Dimon's business whether businesses are fully operational.  He runs Chase & Co., the nation's biggest bank.  According to the WSJ, Mr. Dimon returned to the office in June 2000.  In the interview, he spoke about how the bank's branches receive 65,000 customers a day.  And 40 million people report to work every day.  So he knows a thing or 2.

According to physicians, vaccinated people have very little risk of contracting the virus, particularly where everyone else is vaccinated.  And now the vaccine is available to every adult in the United States.