Honored Contributor

Re: Who put Carolyn in that outfit?

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Hippiified wrote:

Shame. She looks very nice.

Carolyn is comfortable in her own skin. It's a shame that others are not.

With respect , that isn’t the point. It is not an attack on Carolyn , it is a criticism of the stylist responsible for the unfortunate paring. The goal is into make the clothing look good , and make people want to buy it, epic fail.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

Not a good look on anyone....Smiley Surprised

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Hippiified wrote:

With respect , that isn’t the point. It is not an attack on Carolyn , it is a criticism of the stylist responsible for the unfortunate paring. The goal is into make the clothing look good , and make people want to buy it, epic fail.

Of course it is..

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Hippiified wrote:

Of course it is..

Well shame on you for making that assumption.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Respected Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@Hippiified wrote:

thank you @QVCkitty1 .   the stylists blew it.  

Respected Contributor

Opinions are

Nevermind.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

That top is the wrong top for the stylist to have put over a full skirt.  If the stylist was going to put her in that top, it should have been over a more fitted bottom.  Full over full just makes a person look fuller.

The length of the top over a skirt of that length is also all wrong.  There is nothing wrong with the white top.  It's all about proportions.  I'm not sure who the stylists are for QVC but they are pretty bad.  

This isn't Carolyn's fault and she surely isn't the first host they've put in outfits that are awful.    

Carolyn's hair and make-up are fantastic.  

Respected Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

That top is the wrong top for the stylist to have put over a full skirt.  If the stylist was going to put her in that top, it should have been over a more fitted bottom.  Full over full just makes a person look fuller.

The length of the top over a skirt of that length is also all wrong.  There is nothing wrong with the white top.  It's all about proportions.  I'm not sure who the stylists are for QVC but they are pretty bad.  

This isn't Carolyn's fault and she surely isn't the first host they've put in outfits that are awful.    

@Lipstickdiva: You hit the nail on the head! Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@Diva on The Q wrote:

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

@Lipstickdiva: You hit the nail on the head! Smiley Happy 

I don't think "styling" has a concrete policy on the Q.  And I don't think they stylists get to say, "you're wearing this...."  My guess is Carolyn probably said she wanted to wear those two pieces, or she liked those two pieces, or something like that.  She probably put them on, told the stylist she liked them, asked for an opinion, and was told something like, "that's cute."  If the stylists had any power they wouldn't have let her

loose in that outfit.

Honored Contributor

As someone who was a large woman once (a size not carried by QVC or most retailers), I can honestly say that her outfit today is why there is a stereotype of how large women dress...down to the jewelry she has on with this outfit. Nothing flatters her. And there's no reason for that.

I don't believe for a minute that the hosts have no say in what they can wear. It that's the case, then obviously the stylists must favor some hosts who always look great in what they are wearing while others.....not so much. I rarely see this host dressed in a way that flatters her. Why? I don't know. Perhaps she simply has a poor sense of fashion. Or she doesn't care. But I'll tell you, if a company is hoping that their hosts will sell a product that is feature on air by wearing.....well, they failed with this outfit.