Respected Contributor

Re: Who makes the best quality faux suede clothing?

@Magny wrote:

@Writer with Flair wrote:

@Magny wrote:

A281814 is Halston's tunic/jacket that was a recent TSV.  It's very soft and looks expensive.  The whole garment - it has knit sleeves & a beautiful satiny lining - looks & feels special.  I love the moss green!

Dear MinNYC,

Thanks so much for the heads-up about that new Halston tunic/Jacket piece.  I noticed that the QVC information said that it was made out of a "Faux suede" and did not use the words "Ultrasuede" or "Ultrasuede Facile."  From the picture, it looked like it might resemble the lighter weight Ultrasuede Facile fabric.  The pink and grey colors look gorgeous.

While I sewed in the '70's, & certainly remember Ultrasuede, I don't know the Facile version, but this is very soft & silky, & the price is good.

Thanks for letting me know.  Yours is exactly the type of feedback I have been looking for.

Respected Contributor

@culebra wrote:

I just purchased a faux suede jacket from Halston at QVC.  The faux suede was so real looking when I opened I had to look at the fabric tag.

Culebra,

Tha is exactly what I am looking for.  Thanks for sharing your experience.

Respected Contributor

@NJgirl 1205 wrote:

I have a GILI dress from a couple of years ago.  The quality is outstanding and it feels wonderful.  Honestly, none of the faux's feel real to me but they do look luxurious and it's not to not have to baby clothing.

NJgirl 1205,

I so agree with you about not wanting to have to baby clothing.  I have gotten tired of helping some dry cleaner add a wing on his home by what I pay to have things dry cleaned at his shop.

I haven't every bought any GILI things.  I'll have to try something soon on your recommendation.  Thanks for your help.