Respected Contributor

Re: Who looks great over 50 and how?

You will "look good" after 50 if you've taken care of yourself beforehand.  Good diet, exercise, adequate sleep.  No excess drinking, smoking, unhealthy foods,  too much sun exposure,  etc.

Of course, stress plays a role in this.  If you've come through tough experiences,  whether health wise,  emotionally, etc, those affect us as well. 

The best thing I can say is that  no matter what your age,   if you eat healthy, get exercise,  find an occupation or hobby that engages you, get preventive care (routine checkups, etc), you will be miles ahead of people who don't. 

By eating healthy, I mean eating clean...avoid processed foods, eat plenty of fresh fruit and veg, limit sugars, salt, alcohol.  When i say limit, I mean one glass of wine vs three martinis.   

If you have a garden and a library, you have everything you need.--Marcus Tullius Cicero
Trusted Contributor

Really?  You can't be serious?   It shows us how great shaped she is for a woman that is 73!   She is in better shape than most women half her age!  She looks phenomenal!!

Trusted Contributor

Oh baloney!  The woman pictured above appears to have serious mental issues!

Respected Contributor

@feline groovy

Love your tag:  "it's unfortunate, but I prefer human beings who have suffered or struggled; they're kinder"

Would you mind posting the owner of that quote?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

This jacket works, it just DOES.  It will always be my favorite from now on until it doesn't work for my (petite) figure type any more... and I am not petite through the middle right now.  Still, the fabric is THIN, so no bulk.  Yet it is well-constructed in a durable way, can be tied around my waist , goes from casual to rather dressy...there are no shoulder pads, and yet this gives me shoulders for some reason.  I will be looking for more of this type:

Reviews complained of thin fabric... WHAT??? the fabric is exceptional, IMO. and thank you to the boards here.: )

I liked that last group of fashions posted.  My eye went directly to that oversized watch (LOVE!) in the close-up with the LV bag. (corrected from Gucci.. haha!)

I also like the cut of this little jacket/sweater and bet the fabric is heavenly.  Casual Chic' is very 'now'.   OH.. I enjoy fashion so much... and fall fashion is exciting this season!  I've been picking up staple pieces and having a ball at it.

I've been told so often I have a good eye for styling pieces you wouldn't naturally think of putting together yet the total look is great.  I know that sounds braggadocios & don't mean it that way. I simply have a passion for styling.   I'm sure I got that from my dear late Mom.  We have 3 generations of interior designers now too. I've always been drawn to fabrics and textures... mixing and making the 'total look' appealing.

But!... what I've been meaning to tell you @LTT1 and just haven't until now is I LOVE your sig.  It mirrors my philosophy perfectly...

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass... it's about learning to dance in the rain."

Respected Contributor

I promise I wasn't copying you with the tag comment @Bella Carro  LOL! 

Not the same tag we were complimenting, but still..

AHHHH TIMING.  haha  I hadn't even seen your post yet!...  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Funloving wrote:

I promise I wasn't copying you with the tag comment @Bella Carro  LOL! 

Not the same tag we were complimenting, but still..

AHHHH TIMING.  haha  I hadn't even seen your post yet!...  Smiley Happy

Great minds think alikeSmiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@Funloving

Hi Funloving, is that a pic of you, your avatar?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bella Carro wrote:

@feline groovy

Love your tag:  "it's unfortunate, but I prefer human beings who have suffered or struggled; they're kinder"

Would you mind posting the owner of that quote?

Thanks, BC; I just changed my sig/tag this eve.  8)

I paraphrased it from one of my favorite REAL women:  authentic, earthy, witty British actress-screenwriter Emma Thompson.  

The meaning of the original quote is something I really agree with.

The full quote is:

"It's unfortunate and I really wish I wouldn't have to say this, but I really like human beings who have suffered.  They're kinder."

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@catwhisperer wrote:

I live in a warm climate. Many young people dress in yoga type clothes and I see nothing wrong with that, however at my age, I would not wear yoga clothes in public. I have seen people in my area many times wearing PJ's and slippers in public, which to me is just plain weird. I have always worn PJ's to bed, no place else.

As for the weight issue, I think women of all sizes can look equally attractive and stylish.

@catwhisperer wrote:

I live in a warm climate. Many young people dress in yoga type clothes and I see nothing wrong with that, however at my age, I would not wear yoga clothes in public. I have seen people in my area many times wearing PJ's and slippers in public, which to me is just plain weird. I have always worn PJ's to bed, no place else.

As for the weight issue, I think women of all sizes can look equally attractive and stylish.

I don't think anyone has to worry about seeing me out in pajamas.  I don't own a nightgown or pair of PJs anymore.  I DO wear long cotton robes (warm weather) and terry robes (colder weather) if I'm traveling or have company sleeping over.  Since my 24/7 personal summers dictate sleeping attire,  I wear men's or boy's cotton boxers and their sleeveless undershirts which some call wife-beaters.   Wait, that's not true.. I do have cotton draw-string sleep pants.. but NEVER wear them out other than to grab my mail.

I'm 60 and enjoy yoga-wear when bopping around, running errands on the weekends & that type of thing.  You won't see me in much makeup either.  They're tasteful, feel good and look just fine, thank you.  Regardless of my age number... I'm young spirited.   I guess it's a matter of taste.   If I don't have time to do my hair I'll put it in a pony and throw on a baseball cap too.  Mind you.. I'm super PICKY over my casual wear AND baseball caps!.  It's one of my sweatheart's favorite looks on me.  I try to stay active and toned from Pilates, biking, tennis,  etc.

ITA about women of all sizes.  Spot on!