Honored Contributor

Re: Who looks great over 50 and how?

@june22 wrote:

Christy Brinkley is lovely....but, in closeups you an see a lot of work was done on her face. I mean a lot! She is only 60....I hope she does not end up looking like Joan Rivers at 75.

I think C. B. looks fabulous too.  That being said, she has had quite a bit of work done.  Her surgeon has done a fabulous job as she looks good and not like "the joker".

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sharon Stone in a recent photo, quite stylish. I want those gloves in about 10 more colors. 

S.StoneGrnGlvs.jpg

Honored Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

Or you could look like this : I saw this woman at my local nail salon, both the dress and shoes were very age inappropriate

IMG_1800.jpg

You know what else is inappropriate? Taking pictures of strangers and posting them for your amusement. 

Valued Contributor

@MacDUFF, I will definitely look for that book!  Something tells me I'd find many echoes of my mom in there!

I think, even though your mom was Italian and a Yankee and mine was a typical southern WASP, the similarity here is the emphasis on family, and the necessity of doing the family credit - or at the very least, not disgracing it!

"Behold! We are not bound forever to the circles of the world, and beyond them is more than memory." J.R.R. Tolkien
Trusted Contributor

A lot of these women look good however, no one looks as young as Christie Brinkley, she is rare.  Helen Mirren looks wonderful in her suit.

Miata 1

Honored Contributor

@miata1 wrote:

A lot of these women look good however, no one looks as young as Christie Brinkley, she is rare.  Helen Mirren looks wonderful in her suit.

Miata 1

I know; it's like day-um!

She's been jokingly called a "freak of nature", LOL.

I think it has something to do with being super-pretty yet cute, all at the same time.

She seems like a nice person.  

Respected Contributor

Hello, lovestoteach. Smiley Happy

Who looks great over 50?.......................YOU DO!!! Smiley Very Happy

And this guy, too.

https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/11752479_10155887876025327_8768926535186053499_n.jpg?oh=9b35e3c13d9f631b40c8f2fad2e668c9&oe=569D9D14

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Trusted Contributor

Christy Brinkley looks amazing!!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Yeah, it is super creepy and rude to take photos of strangers and post them.

People who look great after 50 tend to be the ones who take care of themselves by eating right (not too much) and staying active.

Christie Brinkley looks like she's had a lot of work done to try to look young. Although she looks good, that is not how I aspire to look at her age.

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
Respected Contributor

Christie Brinkley looks incredible  !   she has always had an amazing toned body.   she has had an eye job and maybe a neck lift or mini-lift.  She showed Dr Oz one time what she eats.  Either a vegan or vegetarian and has lentils for breakfast and quinoa for dinner