Honored Contributor

Re: Who looks great over 50 and how?

[ Edited ]

@italia8140 wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Tao Porchon-Lynch...97!
Full of light. Nimble. Loving & Living Life! Beautiful! 

image.jpg

YAWN

Oh, no.  I disagree with your "yawn."  So sorry, but I think she shows so much joy in living that it makes her inspirational and twinkly and I bet we'd all like her if we met her.  And that makes her lovely.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it's an unkind comment to another poster.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom

Wow.  I just looked up TAO PORCHON-LYNCH and found she is the world's oldest yoga teacher (and has her own website).  I'd never heard of her before.  What an inspiration.  Thank you for bringing her to our attention.

[was Homegirl] Love to be home . . . thus the screen name. Joined 2003.
Honored Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

@sidsmom

Wow.  I just looked up TAO PORCHON-LYNCH and found she is the world's oldest yoga teacher (and has her own website).  I'd never heard of her before.  What an inspiration.  Thank you for bringing her to our attention.

@GingerPeach

You are so welcomed!  Yes, she is lovely.  

Re: I like your response to a previous poster ^^.

Continually being negative wears at the soul.  Not only does it age the attitude, but also the body.   Attitude ages you quicker than anything....and it doesn't matter how young your age is on your driver's license. 

Hope everyone has a good week! 

image.jpg

Honored Contributor

@LTT1

Who looks great over 50? WE DO! 

How?   Easy....we woke up this way! Snap!  

We Texas gals make lookin' good look easy, yes??!

Respected Contributor

I was just catching up on some of the comments. Another thing I thought about was the saying "just because you can, doesn't mean you should".  Christie Brinkley looks great but she's at an age where it's still silly looking for your age. I don't care how good you look, I think younger people look at you with a little bit of pity, like you are trying too hard to look young and stay on their playing field. Certainly Christie looks exceptionally well for her age, but why can't you wear something a bit more conservative and show just enough to look sexy and elegant but not screaming " I have a body that looks likes a 25 year old, look at me and how good I look".  And you can bet, she doesn't look this good in person. Same with JLo. It just looks desperate and a bit dillusional.  Sure any 25-45 year old men  (and older of course) aren't going to kick you out of their bed, but you can bet they are going to be talking about you to all their friends and it's not going to be all in a good light.  I understand they are in entertainment so there is more leeway, but what do their kids think. Really. Not what they are saying in public. 

Leave a a liitle to the imagination. It's a proven fact, even with younger men, they find it much more attractive and alluring. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@I am still oxox wrote:

Or you could look like this :

I saw this woman at my local nail salon,

both the dress and shoes were very age inappropriate

IMG_1800.jpg

Why in the world would you ever take a photo like this?!

And why would you then post it online?

Unless you just like to collect them, of course, for self-importance.

It's not only without her permission, but the purpose is self-serving and totally nasty.

And the thought to do this in the first place is really creepy.

Did it make your feel superior about yourself?

'Cause the underlying reason people h8 on others is to feel better about their own shortcomings.

And they often do it anonymously behind a computer, stating things they would never ever have the guts to say to their victims face-to-face.

Do you actually get your jollies taking photos of total strangers just to degrade them?

Let's see how you would fare; I would love to see a candid photo of yourself on this thread.

Or anywhere for that matter.

I guess you figure yourself to be one super-attractive person, huh.

Taking this picture and posting it surely says a whole lot more about YOU than it does the woman depicted.

Oh, and by the way, she has a youthful spirit, she's 

unique and interesting, and unlike yourself, she doesn't just automatically follow the age-appropriate-with-no-individualism rules that our culture has negatively forced upon us.

You know, so that we're accepted by everyone else, and are in no way different.

Wow...women are supposed to rise up and support each other, not just assume-then-judge and put each other down.

It's sad to say, but nothing shocks or surprises me anymore about humanity, especially in our increasingly-superficial and badly-behaving country.

*smh*

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah!!

Role models for sure.

Laid-back, natural, with character/life/smile/laugh lines that make a face truly interesting.

Not giving an eff what others think, especially other women.

AGE = AUTHENTICITY

Charlotte Rampling:

CHARLOTTE RAMPLING, 69: Actress still lands sensuous roles - and says it is because she looks natural

(and again) Helen Mirren:

Helen Mirren

Honored Contributor

I've never understood why women should support other women just because of their gender. Isn't that sxist? I feel people should be supported or not on their merit not on their gender.

Women who look great over 50 are those who are active, involved, and interested in what's new, what's happening. 

Trusted Contributor

I'm over 50 and I'm very happy with the way I look and feel. I attribute it to having very good genes and working hard at taking care of myself. I have always eaten healthy and Iexercise a lot which has kept me in the same size 6 or 8. It also keeps your skin and hair healthy. I get hair styled and colored regularly and do 90% of my apparel & accessories shopping in high end stores because I like fine apparel. I also do some shopping (Susan Graver & Isaac) with QVC and Talbots. I always nake sure my hair and makeup looks great and wardrobe is put together even when wearing jeans. Finally, to keep my skin looking young I use Rx Retin A every night and Ferulic C & E treatment every morning . Both recommended by my Dermatologist. It really really works! I'm not trying to look like I'm 30 again, I just want to look my best and great for my age.