Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Who looks great over 50 and how?

@Vamp wrote:

I am going to be 55 soon, so this hits close to home. In my opinion the things that make a woman (or man) look good as they age are taking care of your skin and your body. I don't mean starve yourself and get botox; more simply, just eat well, exercise moderately to keep a healthy weight for you, and use sunscreen. Drink lots of water to make sure you are hydrated. Don't smoke. Wear sunscreen. Things like that. Really, it's the same advice I give to my 19-year-old daughter. 

I don't think women necessarily need to dye their hair (unless they want to). I have seen many chic older women with everything from salt & pepper to white hair, but a good haircut makes a big difference. Long or short, whatever suits you, but a good haircut.

As for makeup, I am in the camp that less is more, but I do like makeup and try to keep a softer, more natural palette myself. Think of women like Bobbi Brown and Meredith Viera for makeup, not Tammy Faye Baker whose image someone posted. Garish colors and too much MU do not flatter anyone, IMO.

It's hard for me to comment on clothing because personal style is just that: personal. What works for one person does not necessarily work for another. As far as style goes, you either have it or you don't. I would hope that by 55 one would have a pretty good idea of what looks good on her body type and how she likes to express her style. 99% of style is attitude, so that's what I'll leave you with. Food for thought.

@Vamp  OH SO TRUE..

Respected Contributor

@Himi lover wrote:

@Funloving

Hi Funloving, is that a pic of you, your avatar?

@Himi lover

It is.   Oh no.   Should I duck and cover??? 

Trusted Contributor

@Funloving

Very attractive!

Respected Contributor

@Himi lover -- Thanks!... Smiley Happy.....  Very kind of you.

Trusted Contributor

You won't catch me out in PJs and slippers but I do wear these pants to the grocery store, or running errands sometimes.  Got them here at Q.  Super comfortable and look nice on.

image.jpg

Contributor

I think Cheryl Tiegs is just georgeous. Suzanne somers is 69 I believe and her figure just dont quit. Two beauties there.

Respected Contributor

Gray hair:

Honored Contributor

@Funloving

An FYI...for all of us... if you use a picture of the "real you" as an avatar your identity can be traced to your real name by the internet....

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Hi @LTT1-

Thanks for the tip.