Honored Contributor

Who looks great over 50 and how?

image.jpg

Eye make-up suggestions

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

At at the airport in Philly, I saw a few women dressed like Sally Field (picture 3). Flats and Jean leggings. They looked so sharp.

Guess who picture #6 features? Can we say someone has perhaps matured?

would you please share pictures and ideas for mature dressing? FUN!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

Re: Who looks great over 50 and how?

How about a kindred spirit, Joy Philbin, here with her daughters before Regis's good bye show. I want her dress. 

JoyBlkLthrDress.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Stay away from bright red lipstick -- all you see is a pair of red lips coming at you. If you dye your hair, do not dye it black, unless your hair was originally black in color.

Don't wear light blue eye shadow on the lids-- unless you are channeling the 60's and please do not draw too large a line below the lid-- it looks like raccoon eyes.

Try not to wear blush in a color that contrasts with your lipstick and also don't apply it to such a degree that its clearly delineated. You are not a clown so tone the blush down a little bit. Blending of foundation and blush are very important to look natural.

Try not to look like this woman:

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@catwhisperer

I am your age. I want to enjoy life and live it with zest. Most of the pictures I found on a Google search of "older women celebrities" were runway pictures. I'd love to see more candid, full-length pictures!

Thought it was a surprise that Julia Roberts came up in this group.

also, Lindsay Lohan!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

Every picture of Sandra Bullock is gorgeous...she is said to be a good and kind person with girl next door looks...just beautiful inside and out....maybe that is her secret

Respected Contributor

@JustJazzmom wrote:

Stay away from bright red lipstick -- all you see is a pair of red lips coming at you. If you dye your hair, do not dye it black, unless your hair was originally black in color.

Don't wear light blue eye shadow on the lids-- unless you are channeling the 60's and please do not draw too large a line below the lid-- it looks like raccoon eyes.

Try not to wear blush in a color that contrasts with your lipstick and also don't apply it to such a degree that its clearly delineated. You are not a clown so tone the blush down a little bit. Blending of foundation and blush are very important to look natural.

Try not to look like this woman:

i would apply those rules to all women.

Trusted Contributor

image.jpgJustJazzmom- how's this? This is from my local Walmart.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I promise to remind myself every day that I am strong, courageous, and resilient.
Esteemed Contributor

Lindsay Lohan is a long way from 50!!