Esteemed Contributor

Re: Who is your favorite current QVCC "designer?"

[ Edited ]

@wagirl wrote:

None of them---can get better stuff from Amazon----

I agree. I get my clothes from Costco, Kohl's, LL Bean, Duluth Trading Company and Lands End. I recently bought 2 super soft sweatshirts from Target for under $20 each. Can't wait for it to cool down and wear them.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

It used to be Susan G... her things are so expensive now if I go with her I have to go easy pay.. but I hate having that bill for five or six months.. I like Belle I really enjoy her shows My closet has alot of liquid knit..  but most were purchased the past few years. I bought a few of Ali Worthy blouses and really liked the ones I have gotten I bought one and went back for another and have gotten compliments on them,, I also have alot of Joan Rivers ... 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan Graver is my favorite and if you would have told me that I would like liquid knit, I would have laughed at you; but I do. When she does a good piece it's really good. I have come across a few foul balls but for the most part what I have purchased is good. I don't think she's overpriced as some have commented. I see the same quality in the stores for way more. I do get compliments on her blouses and cardi's frequently. Her pieces are quick to match up and great for work. 

I like Isaac, but the few pieces I have purchased have lost their color quickly and look old when they're not, especially his black.

@Meowingkitty I shop those places too, and Ilove Duluth! just got a great vest and tried their underwear for the first time. 👍 

Respected Contributor

I'm liking Belle at the moment. I also like Lands End quality but IMHO they sure miss the boat on colors and prints. LLBean is good for basics too.  Never find anything on Amazon.

Honored Contributor

There are two:  Lori Goldstein and Tolani.  I'll always review what they present.  Tolani for tops - Lori for everything - particlarly her full length woven pants.

Some others - it really depends on what they are selling.  I'll always check Mackie and Basso for woven tops and jackets.

Renee for her Wonder Denim and occasionally she'll have a top I like. 

SG's lustra knit pants are somethng of hers that I do like.  They look good enough to wear almost anywhere, and I have.  

The majority of the vendors seem too trend oriented - and I'm not trendy nor do I have any desire to be "cool" or California chic.

I can easily fit Lori and Tolani into my personal style.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sadly, my favorite designers have left the building.Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

I like Isaac and Kim Gravel right now.   I usually buy Isaac when it goes on clearance and I only have three pieces from Kim Gravel (most I feel are too expensive).  Non-QVC clothing I like is Eddie Bauer, LLBean and Lands End.  Eddie Bauer and Lands End have good sales.  

Honored Contributor

IMO the only true "designer" on QVC is Isaac and his "team" does most of the designing.  The rest, again IMO, are "stylists" with no real designing experience.  Even SG admits she got her start designing pants and not clothing in general.  Bob Mackie is also a designer but he is seen less and less.

I miss the days of Koos, Simonton, Victor Costa who were true designers.

Valued Contributor

Isaac Mizrahi and Kim Gravel.  Love them!

Esteemed Contributor

I honestly don't think any of these lines are done by a designer.  I have seen Isaac act like he has never seen some of the stuff presented.  I really doubt if David Dangle designs.  I guess I am skeptic.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!