Contributor

Re: Who is your favorite NON QVC clothing designer and why?

Love Ralph Lauren (purchase mine from Macy's).  He has  a more classic style that I like because it usually lasts  more than one season.  Also has a fair amount of petites.

Respected Contributor

@EmmasMom wrote:

Love Ralph Lauren (purchase mine from Macy's).  He has  a more classic style that I like because it usually lasts  more than one season.  Also has a fair amount of petites.

I just heard that RL and MK will be leaving Macy's. They feel like the discounters are damaging the brand.

Contributor

Another Eileen Fisher fan, here. Why? Belts are no longer my friends and the cut, drape, and clean lines are something I can work with. I appreciate the higher end, natural fabrics though I wish more of the pieces were made in the USA. On sale EF tees are no more expensive than LOGO (whick I also wear) yet the rayon fabrication looks much better after the same number of washes.

Super Contributor

Super Contributor

Let me try this again. I received a new cold water creek catalog and was shocked at how many things I loved. Does anyone know the quality since they they closed their B & M stores?
Esteemed Contributor

Levis.  (my lifestyle has changed over the years)

I don't shop by the designer, I shop by the store and brand name.  @kyreb, I still get CC catalogs too and love it all, but their quality and sizing got so bad before they closed their stores (and then re-opened as catalog only), I'm afraid to order from them.  Unless I can go into a store and see and feel the clothing, I don't trust it.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Esteemed Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Levis.  (my lifestyle has changed over the years)

I don't shop by the designer, I shop by the store and brand name.  @kyreb, I still get CC catalogs too and love it all, but their quality and sizing got so bad before they closed their stores (and then re-opened as catalog only), I'm afraid to order from them.  Unless I can go into a store and see and feel the clothing, I don't trust it.  

wouldn't the designer be the brand name?

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@itiswhatitis - not necessarily.  For instance, I bought dozens of Coldwater Creek shirts and sweaters over the years, but CC is not a designer - it's a company with a team of designers.   They probably even bought their items from other companies and put their label on the collar.  But, once upon a time, I trusted anything I bought from CC.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

The late, great Vince Camuto.........for sure !!!!

Honored Contributor

Same here for Vince Camuto and Eileen Fisher for shoes and clothes.  Alexander Wang and Alfaro.  Most of these brands are at Nordstrom and I shop there a lot.  I spend a lot on high end jeans.  M.I.h., MOTHER, Rag & Bone, Frame, etc.  I don't have any Burberry yet, but thats  one brand I would love to have clothes from.  A new jean I've discovered is Talley.  Love them.